Thread: Unable to download AMD Overdrive on windows 7

Unable to download AMD Overdrive on windows 7

Hello friends i have been using a Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 5970 to overclock this i was trying to download the AMD overdrive application but when i tried to download it initially the download started and appeared as normal. But after about few minutes the download got stucked at certain point and finally stopped. Please help me.

Re: Unable to download AMD Overdrive on windows 7

This appears to be a download problem. It is not possible to get the problem which you are facing since you have not mentioned the source from where you were trying to download the AMD Overdrive. For the time being i would suggest you to download this application from another source. It might be possible that the source from where you were downloading the software might not have been working properly.

It is always better if to download the application from the official vendor rather than downloading it from a different software. I would suggest here to download the application from the official source that is from the AMD only. This will definitely help you to get rid of this problem. It is a very good application.

I had this same problem before few months i would like to know which browser are you using while downloading.

It appears as you are using the internet explorer on your desktop. Since i was too facing this problem while i was using the Internet Explorer.

As the download failed i suddenly tried to download it using the Mozilla Firefox browser in desperation. try this might work in your case too.

Sometimes the download gets interrupted when your internet becomes unstable for sometime. That's why it would be better if you try ti download the application on some other time. Try using a download manager on your system for downloading. This might also happen if you have not downloaded the compatible version on your desktop.

AMD has finally released the overclocking tool dedicated to its Spider platform last November presented. Called OverDrive utility that allows you to influence the frequency of each core Phenom processors. It allows you to edit the settings memory, display system temperatures and perform various benchmarks and varied, and stability tests. All is done in real time, without restarting the computer.

The only problem, this utility is intended only to owners of cards accompanied AMD 790FX processors Phenom. In other words, for the moment, they are really not many. As a reminder, this utility had already been mentioned in our article AMD Phenom 9600: the successor of the Athon 64 .