Thread: AMD Overdrive and Crossfire

AMD Overdrive and Crossfire

Hello,
    I am currently using the AMD overdrive software for boosting the performance of my system. It is really a good software for boosting an particular system. But the problem now is that I can not see the second GPU. With correspondence to this I am use the crossfire, using the or without using the crossfire I can not enable the second GPU. Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: AMD Overdrive and Crossfire

I had installed 10.2 and now Overdrive just wanted to try out for the first time and I have unlocked it. The values that are displayed are somehow not coherent. I have two Sapphire HD 4850 on the Asus M4A79T Deluxe board, where different values are displayed

Overdrive (inactive)
    Manual fan control (deactivated)

Displayed
    Map 1 (monitor connected)
    Temperature 27 °
    Activity 0%
    Fan 0%

Map 2 (on CF card with a bridge cable connected)
    Temperature 35 °
    Activity 0%
    Fan 37%

Current Conditions
    GPU Clock 160 MHz
    Memory Clock 250 MHz

I have just checked again, the fans rotate both the same speed, at least is not a fan louder than the other. But the second card was actually warmer? And GPU Clock 160 Memory Clock 250? Standard but should be 650/1000.

Is your Crossfire active? If one good review with GPU-Z or with the CCC. In idle in Windows, the cards clocked always down . This is the one with the normal check and must be so. I think you can find the second option in the drop down menu box. Just try to find it there, it must be somewhere in the settings.

Yes, Crossfire is enabled. Information Center under the second card as a "Linked Adapter includes". But fan does not even display. And why the second card should now be warmer? The housing should not accumulate heat because BigTower and near the larger fan everything stucks. Earlier, after a GTA session was the second card by 20 degrees warmer (51 °), obviously because of the lack of CF support in the game, and randomly selects a card?

Please take some time and apply the changeable theory as the exe file for the manual that weighs both cards out evenly. The variety can also come from the WLP, but really not as extreme, most of the second card is also warmer because less air the fan can suck in the warm or the first card. I hope this information will help you.

I have had time to run 3DMark06. With CF enabled I get so 20-35 frames more. It varies but strong. So, the second (older) card is generally warmer. Just after the test, 52 ° to the first card with 46 °. Seems to be well be normal. In a first-person shooter varies even just the GPU / memory clock during the game. If the card is not busy (are stay in the game), goes the clock once again to 160/250 MHz. Can it be that CF is not used if a card already in the required frame rate is achieved (when the vsync the limit is indeed at 60fps).

The newer card that does not represent the values the way I would have expected it, clearly a defect. It can not be that is displayed with the newer card has no fan speed, and there is a temperature difference of 9 degrees to the older card with no activity. I have this morning, reversed both cards on the PCIe slots. No difference. Both cards have the same temperature is displayed. The cards are
    also 8 cm apart. I had to take on the Asus board to extend the enclosed bridge cable to connect the two cards. Otherwise there is nothing in the computer, which should heat up the one card more than the other. Let's see if I can turn this into a warranty (faulty temperature and fan speed display). Something upsets me :-) Ah, actually I can throw out the second card again complete. What should I do with Crossfire, if the games do not support it anyway. I had assumed that this is controlled by the driver and that it is not compulsive by the application.