Thread: MobileMe iCal and iphone sync issues

MobileMe iCal and iphone sync issues

Last week i just subscribed to a MobileMe trial account but i am facing a lot of problems Although the i have a number of issues synchronizing Ical, Mobile Me and iphone together. I just noticed that the events from the iPhone calendar were syned with the Mobile since most of the events appeared in the Mobile Cloud. But these items are not listed on my iCal. please help me to sync the Ical, Mobile Me and iphone. Any help would be appreciared heavily

Re: MobileMe iCal and iphone sync issues

iCal can be subscribed to various calendars, including calendars provided by some Apple devices including iPhone , macbool or published by other MobileMe subscribers. You can also use iCal to connect to a CalDAV server (Mac OS X 10.5 or later). After subscribing to a calendar or have added a CalDAV account in iCal on your Mac and proceeded to sync with MobileMe, you may experience unexpected results on your other computers or devices synchronized with MobileMe. If you face some unexpected result then i would suggest you to chat live with the support tech executive your problem will be solved definitely.

I was facing a similar issue as i too was not able to sync the iCal , MobileMe and iPhone. Because when i try to sync my MobileMe with Mac it always ends up giving an error message and asks me to reset my preferences. I tried searching on a number of forums but i did not find a solution to this problem. Then finally i decided to reinstall the OSX. After reinstalling the OSX from scratch, to my surprise this problem disappeared. So i would advice you to go for a clean install this will fix your issue to for sure.

The synchronization of data and wireless calendar by Mobile Me is certainly handy. But with iPhone OS 2, we had no right to calendars on your iPhone or iPod touch. now you can synchronize the calendars in MobileMe and iTunes. imply select, in the "Info" from iTunes, the calendars to sync, in this case "Birthdays". Warning, if you select calendars already synchronized by Mobile Me, you'll double your handheld.

Once synchronization is complete, you will have in the native application Birthdays calendar. The calendars synchronized by Mobile Me are distinguished from those that are in iTunes, and surprisingly the calendar "Birthday" is named "My Mac". Another potential worry, if you have a calendar red on Mobile Me, there is no way to visually distinguish the two.

Add that it also works for contacts, even though the interest is more limited.

You can configure CalDAV calendars in Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendar on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can also subscribe to calendars manually via this route. Calendars added to your device in this manner does not sync with MobileMe. Consequently, the subscribed calendars / connected may be different on your device and your Mac. Just get the URL of the published calendar and type in iPhone Safari. It then provides you made thereto subscribe, which allows synchronization easier than iTunes.

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below:

• First of all connect your apple Iphone to your macboook.
    • Then simply open iTunes.
    • After that go on iphone tab "News"
    • In the news "Calendar" you uncheck "All calendars" and you select the ones you want.

Your XServe will come to replace Mobile Me But you will not have all the features of MobileMe or Exchange server
    Ultimately, it is better to have an Exchange server, I know it's paradoxical but true.
    You can also invest in a solution as Kerio Mail Server or Zimbra, competitors Exchange compatible with the iPhone. Just set up the account on the iPhone as if it were an Exchange account and everything syncs.