Thread: How to restore Address book using Time Machine in Snow Leopard

How to restore Address book using Time Machine in Snow Leopard

Hello everybody, Recently i have purchased a new macbook which is running with a Snow Leopard. I have a little trouble, I deleted my address book accidentally on my mac. I have time machine, but I do not know how to retrieve the file or are all my contacts using time machine. Does one of you can guide me. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Abhik; 29-05-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Re: How to restore Address book using Time Machine in Snow Leopard

For retrieving your address book, you will need to launch Time Machine program application. Then you should go back in time until you're full and your notebook while you click on restore. Your address book will take its place. The last interesting point, not the least, is that Time Machine does not require configuration, or at least offers a configuration very refined and minimized. Its operation, based on the principle of Spotlight, uses a database to track changes to files and receive alerts of system for each modified file.

To operate the Time Machine needs your Mac and an external hard drive. Simply connect the drive, assign it to Time Machine. and wait until it happens. Time Machine automatically backs up your entire Mac, including your system files, applications, accounts, preferences, music, photos, movies and documents. Here what you need to do is simply open the Time machine and get back to a date where your address book existed.But what differentiates Time Machine all other backup applications is that it does not merely keep a backup copy of each file: it remembers how your system is presented on a given day. You can revisit your Mac as it appeared in the past.

Everything worked fine until today. Is this the last update Apple, but after the update i am facing problem using Mail with Address Book, it does not work!
    Whenever i try opening the address book it says empty!

Testing Restore Time Machine with Back-in-Time (Book folder all at different dates). Even punishment.

There, I've never seen it. Anyone has this same Problem please tell me how to solve it.

I do not think that you need to retrieve the Address Book application using the Time Machine. As far as i know Address book contains nothing. All the information of the addressbook is stored at the location which i have mentioned below

Hard Disk / Users / UserName / Library / Application Support / AdressBook
    If you cannot get the data here too then use the Time machine. Time Machine automatically backs updated copies of each element of your Mac files, music, videos, documents, applications and settings. If you feel the need one day, you can easily go back in time to retrieve any data. Time machine is really a very wonderful application available exclusively on mac.

After the initial backup of your Mac, Time Machine performs incremental backups every hour by only copying the changed files since previous backup. A procedure that occurs in the background, so you can continue working while copying files. Time Machine keeps hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups of the past month and weekly backups of everything that is earlier than a month.

Try to transfer the file 'com.apple.AddressBook' it is Located at: the below mentioned address:

Hard Disk / Users / ton_nom / Caches / com.apple.AddressBook

In fact, the addresses are missing from the Address Book icon in Mail, or also directly to launch Address Book