Thread: MobileMe and Gmail problem

MobileMe and Gmail problem

I always wanted to try MobileMe seen the good that some of my friends said. So I start a test period of 60 days to see if I like. AND PLOP, the first questions out Big fan of gmail IMAP system, I am pleasantly surprised that MobileMe uses the same thing. However, having a gmail address and mobile makes two e-mail address. I wanted to transfer all my mails from gmail to MobileMe.

my question. Is there a way to get my mail is "read" once it is sent to MobileMe. Because if there's one thing I hate is having thousands of mail "unread". Anyone knows a trick or solution to this

Re: MobileMe and Gmail problem

If i would have been in your place I would not transfer my mails from Gmail to MobileMe, if you are on probation or using the MobileMe on a trial version have you should know the consequence what happens to the MobileMe mail and the entire contents of iDisk at the end of the trial period. Personally, I have several email addresses in IMAP, I manage all in the same client (Mail), but without mixing. This is the best way to because rather than merging all your mails it is good to have two different email id's. So that if you want you can unsubscribe MobileMe if you want.

Thank you for your answer This is true that since it is a trial version it's always better not take too take much risk. But it was mainly to test and see what MobileMe could do. Besides, strangely, I tried to automatically forward all my mail from GMail to MobileMe (since MobileMe) and Gmail does not work. It told me that I hurt my back data. I was just checking and making sure the data were good bet, it does not work.

I would like to ask some questions What are the differences between then and google and mobileme, which concerns me very much please mention the differences and also the application details if possible of MobileMe

• Malls
    • Calendars
    • File shares

And for a semi professional use with:

• An imac at home
    • A macbook at home and Voguet
    • An iphone 3G

For gmail, it sounds almost similar (IMAP) but for the Calendar, how does it work

Basically, for calendar with mobile me, all iCal all your computer and your iPhone are synchronized instantly with just a push in theory, it can sometimes take up to 15 minutes. You can modify an event on your iMac, your macbook or your iPhone, and it changed immediately on all your iCal ordis and that of your tel. It is well integrated into Mac OS X, unlike Google, and you also have web access, also synchronized. In other words i can say that syncing Mobile with the Gmail is an easy task.

For the rest, except the push on the email and contacts, there is no real advantage therefore mobileme google

Hope to have you helped to advance

To use "pro", a significant advantage of google is to use the apps with your personal domain name, through Google Apps for your Domain. It will fail just sync ical with google calendar, but with Spanning Sync, it works well. Otherwise, you can take the trial for each story of tossing a few ingredients to your taste.

Spanning Sync 3 application can be used in this matter it will sync iCal with your google calender and also the address book with your gmail contact. Also it provides you a much better control over all your data associated to google. It is also somewhat faster than a number of applications.