Thread: Need help in using dictionary popup

Need help in using dictionary popup

The heading of the thread is attractive descriptive. The characteristic has by no means worked for me in view of the fact that getting my iBook 2 months ago. I even tried configuring the hotkey to presently command and this would not even work. Are you referring to the dictionary characteristic in Safari. For that reason that if so I presently right click. I did not be familiar with there was a hotkey for dictionary.

Re: Need help in using dictionary popup

You almost certainly necessitate activating the Popup menu via the dictionary predilection. So open dictionary.app and get predilection and set the appropriate menu for dictionary panel. In addition dictionary is not limited to safari but is capable to be accessed from several cocoa submissions. And I am not conscious of any hotkey for this action, but there almost certainly is one associated with it.

I mean the system extensive popup characteristic. Right clicking is respectable, but clumsy, having to highlight, right hit it off and select search in dictionary. With the ctrl, cmd and d, it’s real uncomplicated. Plus you are supposed to be capable to shift your cursor in excess of a number of words at the same time as the popup changes definitions mechanically. But it does not run for me. Previously checked Dictionary’s predilection. And Panel was previously selected. It runs with none of them. It’s driving me crazy.

A rapid proposition – I had a comparable difficulty with my Dictionary, but realized that the difficulty was caused by me moving it out of the Apps folder into a sub-folder (I am extremely anally retentive when it comes to this sort of thing). I stimulated the app back into the most important Apps folder where it was in the first place, and this solved the difficulty the pop-up characteristic started working again. When I first got a Mac, I moved apps approximately.

This program determines to help you interpret texts from practically several languages. Immediately choose an unknown word in your text, press Ctrl+Ins+Ins (holding <Ctrl> double-press <Ins>) and you determine to observe the conversion, press Ins and this word is marked for studying. Set the test-yourself time and the program determine to from time to time maintain asking you to interpret innovative words you desire to learn. There is a method out for you: play an innovative words slideshow and repetitive cramming determine to become an existing game.

It has the following characteristic in it. It holds up and maintain of indefinite number of languages. Everyday word-stock folder bring up to date. An elastic system of learning words supported by your person settings. An opportunity to correct existing dictionaries or generate your own ones. An exceptional system of hyperlinks you be able to utilize to create audio/video links to every word. A balanced amalgamation of the dictionary alternative and the methods of the built-in training system. Translation of the words you choose in texts and the alternative to contain them in the learn-your-words directory. A mixture of numerous ways to train your memory: motor, auditory and visual. A suitable control panel to set fonts, colors, window sizes, etc. of your own selection. 24-hour technical support.

You be able to do combine things in this. First you have to unlock Activity monitor and type "applespell" in the search field. Do you locate several entries for this daemon. It's the one that is accountable for that popup window, AFAIK. Subsequent to that you have to open Terminal and: cd /system/library/services ls –la. You be supposed to have a line similar to: drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Mar 20 2005 AppleSpell.service. In scrupulous, the series of characters drw and the root and wheel is supposed to be accurately the similar. It caused Software Update to not observe them. And so I stopped and by no means did it once more. But I had no idea the ramifications might be so far-reaching.