Thread: How to get Dish DVR on the home network

How to get Dish DVR on the home network

I got a Dish DVR which I want to add on my home network. The problem here is that my modem is on the other side of the home. And I do not want to add up cables long way to my room. Second thing my Time Capsule system is not so away from the DVR. I just want to connect the same to my pc so that I can get those recording transferred to my pc.

Re: How to get Dish DVR on the home network

You can possibly try a Ethernet cable to connect the DVR to your Mac system. After that you can try to enable Internet sharing from Airport on the Ethernet. This will not work but because of configuration and I am not sure for the same. You can choose the Internet sharing checkbox from the sharing panel. Once the sharing is selected you can simply share your Internet connection.

That is right. It is possible by Internet sharing. You have to just share the connection and connect the DVR. Then you can add the system to that and share the files on the DVR. But there is a need of appropriate settings. The Ethernet setup usually provides a IP address to the respective systems on the network. So sometime that does not work properly

It is necessary that the Ethernet port on the network must be set on self-assinged IP. In your system when you are connected to a router then that acts as a mini network itself and here you have a chance to select your own IP address. This IP can differ from the IP which is provided by the router. I am sharing my Ethernet connection via Airport with a different IP. So once if you are able to connect the DVR to the network then you might get those files.

I bought a DVR-660 Pioneer . This is a digital video recorder with hard drive. At the rear there is an Ethernet connection. I connected this jack on my router and I see the IP address of the recorder in the router configuration. My router is a d-link dir 625. I already plugged in Ethernet DDE and works perfectly. I wonder if it is possible to mount a disk on the desktop of a home recorder with a PC.

I have a Pioneer DVR brand. I had connect the Ethernet jack to my router and set my DVR accordingly. Then in the DVR menu I had selected to connect pc and it syncs with media player 11 on vista .Of course by following the instructions, a driver is installed on vista and HDD-called Pioneer. Until now no complaints. So here on the base of your operating system settings you must first need to configure the same.

First Pioneer DVR is not compatible with a Mac. Ethernet direct connection with my iMac and USB nothing works. The DVR does not emit any output signal. Instead of an Ethernet port. I am switching the same to Firewire port. For the FTP as Cybertron mentioned its not working with DVR but with other PC is fine. Considering the slowness of the DVR to be transferred either with Ethernet and a PC or directly via USB stick.