Thread: Handbrake slow while encoding a movie

Handbrake slow while encoding a movie

Here I would like to pass on MAC Video Editing (iMac G4 hand). To push the usefulness of DD to the max, so I decided to take my entire DVD collection (the original film on DVD) and use Handbrake to switch my films on the LaCie. First mistake which made me lose 4 hours, I started with an MP4 file format, the format is not read by the LaCie. Not knowing the type of encoding ffmpeg (which I learned the difference later), I raise a conversion in the always. Avi format but as with XviD encoding. I chose the same preference languages, subtitles, etc. Also I am having problem while running the Handbrake application. It takes long time while encoding the video. So please try to sort out the problem.

Re: Handbrake slow while encoding a movie

The one big benefit of using the Handbrake is that it does not crash. Another advantage is that the probability of typing the virus is still less. Otherwise, if you got a PC config with questionable elements not necessarily compatible with each other, increasing the chances of crashes. The advantage (and disadvantage as well) PCs is that you can assemble them the way you want with the components you want. Macs are much less flexible on this side of ... and what makes up an original Mac is certified to be "perfectly" compatible with each other (with two or three models of Mac they do each year, they necessarily have the time to test them, which is not case with an integrator of PC).

They will tell you that their Mac can do everything a hundred times better than a PC and the only real things done by a PC, Macs did 10 years ago. But we must admit that for certain activities (such as audio / video processing, desktop publishing, music) the Mac is a marvel of performance and stability. If you do not play on PC, virtually nothing will fail on the Mac. The interface is a bit different and there are some reflexes to lose completely before consuming a Mac but the fundamentals remain in place, there is nothing insurmountable. Except the one button Mac mouse that made me mad after the habit of the 2 buttons and Scroll Wheel (But it also exists on Mac).

The only thing I can say is that AVI is not a format itself. It instead uses the term container (container), because it may contain a variety of video formats and different. So, we must know who is compatible with your LaCie external HD and select the proper codecs. Do you have on your machine the Xvid codec? If not, then try to install the latest codecs for it.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

HandBrake is a program to convert DVD movies to MPEG-file formats. You will find more relevant advice than mine on the forum by doing a little research. See here -> http://www.xvid.org/. I am sure that you will get the required codecs over here. In the documentation for your external dd, I know there is a somewhat more detailed information and included in the faq attached to the product on the LaCie website. It just gives them more compatible with Divx version of your DD.

The only thing I can say is that AVI is not a format itself. It instead uses the term container (container), because it may contain a variety of video formats and different. So, we must know who is compatible with your LaCie external HD and select the proper codecs. In the documentation for your external dd, I know there is a somewhat more detailed information and included in the faq attached to the product on the LaCie website. But I looked everywhere, I can not find the codec needs to be added to my DD! Car Handbrake does not offer me the following codecs: MPEG 4, AVC/H264.

VirusBarrier X6 is the best antivirus software for Mac. Research Center Intego Virus continuously monitors Mac malware to protect users against all known threats. Once VirusBarrier detects X6 malware, it blocks infected files and can repair them or place them in quarantine to ensure the safety of users of Mac. VirusBarrier X6 does not only protect Mac users against the malware. A powerful personal firewall and its function Vandalproof provide protection full against all types of intrusions and Web threats. VirusBarrier X6 stops pirates before they infiltrated your Mac.