Thread: Convert OpenType to TrueType

Convert OpenType to TrueType

Hello,
    Is there a converter that produces Opentype to TrueType fonts? Should not be too difficult I guess, since the character information is available in .Otf fonts as Postscriptpfad. The problem is that I want to use the font in LaTeX and Type 1 format for this in need. I already found Converter for TrueType fonts, but that does not help me at Opentype. Also, if you know any software that does this job then please let me know.

Re: Convert OpenType to TrueType

Hello,
    I just wanted to install the program for doing the same but I Avira reports a trojan PE. Well, a false alarm is indeed nothing new, I thought to myself and have the SetupFile on the other computer where Avast Home running, even scanned. However, it also tells me that the archive contains a Trojan. Has any one encountered the same problem.

There are well known scanners UPX packer that respond to, I think with something as always with the site, please check, you'd think would have to clean the file if (Antivir detects latest TeamViewer as a trojan, and net times as w32.teamview or something like that) I think this version is clean, use a different installer, so you had received during testing, no message. If you continue with the problem then you can download a fresh copy of the software.

As Antivir, you must look only to the categories there are in expert mode under General / Extended threat categories. Probably TeamViewer as a backdoor control software, etc. is registered. Wherein the Avira is also an antivirus software, after all, both users agree to at the moment of connection, an automatic is not applicable here, hence no "backdoor". But since I do not want to digress too far.

Hello,
    Convert a file OpenType, that is fine but if our font is not TrueType, ttf to eot no use. There is no equivalent for OpenType, but it is possible to convert an OpenType font with TrueType. Here's how. We will need fontforge :
    Code:
    $ Sudo apt-get install fontforge
    The write a small shell script that will save us going through the horrible interface fontforge (save in otf2ttf.sh example):
    Code:
    #! / Usr / local / bin / fontforge # Quick and dirty hack: converts to do to truetype (. Ttf) Print ("Opening" + $ 1) Open ($ 1) Print ("Saving" + $ 1: r + ". ttf ") Generate ($ 1: r +." ttf "); Quit (0);
    It is used to convert this file so otf ttf in (and then used ttf to eot finally get the EOF file)
    Code:
    $ Fontforge-script otf2ttf.sh ../delicious-123/file_name

You can use TypeLight, a fully functional, freeware OpenType font editor /
    designer. Design, edit and convert OpenType TrueType (. Ttf) and OpenType
    PostScript (. Otf) fonts.

Type Lite is free for personal and limited commercial use (you can sell your
    fonts provided that is not your professional). Please read the license.

Features:
    - Convert between OpenType TrueType and OpenType PostScript fonts.
    - Edit glyphs as TrueType or PostScript as standard curves.
    - Create and edit fonts containing up to glyphs 65535th
    - Map glyphs to any of 65 536 unicode characters.
    - Input OpenType metrics, names and parameters.
    - Refer to an easy to read, color PDF manual.
    - Obtain free support and technical assistance.
    - System requirements: Windows 98, 2000 or XP

OpenType has several characteristics:
    OpenType fonts can have up to 65,536 glyphs. Font encoding is based on Unicode and can be used for any writing system known in Unicode, with a mixture possible between entries. However, no melting does all Unicode characters. Font files are platform independent: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, BSD, etc.. Fonts can have advanced typographic features, which allow proper typographic treatment of complex scripts and typographic effects have developed for writing simple, such as English.