Thread: Flash video not working on powermac G4

Flash video not working on powermac G4

I got the entire of my PowerMac G4 up and working, but when I try to watch a video on Youtube, it's actually slow and irregular. Is there something I necessitate to install to fix this difficulty. Is there even a method to fix it. I installed the most recent flashplayer, but it's tranquil irregular. I am not certain what Adobe have tested this on, but I am going to encompass roll back to flash player 9. Can someone help me out.

Re: Flash video not working on powermac G4

You encompass to live with it. Adobe Flash Player is inadequately coded on the Mac, and requires moderately powerful CPUs to watch videos effortlessly. Blame Adobe that's type of what I was figuring. I am getting a macbook in a couple months. Optimistically, they determine to work superior on that. You be able to always try FlashPlayer 10 forgets regarding flash 10. Not going to run on a G4, and determine to scarcely run on a G5 (merely at lowest of three potential declaration.).

Not certain what you have got on your G4 OS wise, but I got Leopard with Safari 4 running extremely well on a G5, if you have got Safari 4 on there you might try the Youtube HTML5 Beta as an alternative of using flash on it. Oh this is actually old, presently noticed. I be familiar with it sounds too old but my g4 400 MHz is extremely quick for the reason that the install of 10.4.11 is extremely clean. The Flash 9 was running great with firefox3 and Safari3, together with the entire updates. Then I updated to flash 10 and the troubles were so palpable. Websites that used flash for plain animation would crawl, and several video would skip.

The presentation seems extremely well, but it’s totally broken in Safari, merely a small number of flash objects run, videos do not demonstrate up at the entire and the "install flash to watch" text is exposed as an alternative. It runs extremely well in Firefox although no problems at the entire I have in view of the fact that reinstalled version 9 which I luckily had on a disc as I might not locate several old version on adobes site.

On flash 9 there are is approximately no frame skip. It looks gorgeous. On flash 10 you get an innovative frame merely once in at the same time as, even audio skips. I found tools on Adobe's website to eliminate flash 10. You have to rebooted and installed flash 9 (similar tool page) I rebooted and things run overwhelming. Read the Adobe assist tips, they help. I used flash 9r159, the simple to utilize installer was in a zip file called Mac "UB" (no matter what that means).

This is the perfect illustration of bloatware that harms the surroundings and generate e-waste. My Mac g4 with OS 10.4 is a showcase of competence. The entire websites run and even the most recent version of iTunes works ok. But several customary people would not create the connection that flash 10 was the hog that completed this system seem prepared for the dump. Several customary people would not be capable to eliminate flash 10 and find and re-install flash 9. I determine to be contacting adobe. If they are going to write such deprived code their installer is supposed to halt and say that PPC Macs cannot hold up the flash 10 versions or description. The flash 10 installer be supposed to leave a PPC Mac untouched and running well with flash 9. And website developers are supposed to be familiar with to keep away from flash 10 for the reason that they are forcing visitors to go away or go out and purchase innovative systems in a world passionate with consumption.

I determine to be contacting adobe. They actually missed a most important bug or they actually do not care regarding the earth under their kid’s feet. I used to run at Macromedia testing plugins similar to this. Heck I even tested the first ever plugin for web browsers, netscape 2.0 and executive (shockwave) 4.0. I reported the bug. You be able to register an innovative username and then utilize the menu to "watch" the bug. My guess is that they determine to delay, deny or reduce this extremely most important bug.