Thread: Media player for playing .exe video

Media player for playing .exe video

I have tried it with my media player which i am using on my computer system. I do not have any idea that how come the video file can be of exe extension. But as i have got many videos downloaded all together. Can you guys suggest me that which player would be able to play the these videos? There are rar video files as well.

Re: Media player for playing .exe video

I think you have gone wrong somewhere as an exe is not an extension for the videos files. So you would not be able to play any videos which has an exe extensions. Actually it exe means an executable file which directly gets executed after clicking on it. Now according to this, every video files are an executable file as they starts playing after clicking them but they need some player for playing it which means that they depend on player where exe files does not depend on anything.

I think Macarenas have posted a right reason for not playing the exe videos on your computer. It is true that exe files gets executed automatically but these files are called as setup file. You can see that any player on your computer would be having an exe file by clicking on which the particular player gets installed on your system. It is different issue that the player will be working or not but it will get installed.

rar files compressed files which you have to extract or decompress by using some extracting software such as Winrar. After you extract the rar file, you would be having many files or a single file which might be having a proper extension that one video file should be having. You can easily get the Winrar s it is available for free on world wide web.

Actually you should never download any video file with an odd extensions such as exe or a rar as you would not be knowing anything about the real content of that file. You should not just believe on the name of the file which you have got. It might happen that you have got some executable virus which might make your computer infected.
    Beware of exe files from now onwards. If you are sure about the safety about running them then only click on them.

I have experienced this kind of bluffing as i was eager to download one video which was my favorite one and i just searched for it on an internet. But unfortunately there was not web site which was having this video as i was searching for the video which would be around 30 year old and it was a bollywood movie video. So i did not got video but i got one exe file which was having the file name as of that video and they were pretending that there is a video in this file. I just clicked on it to open and immediately my anti virus system popped up with the virus in that file. Now you can understand what i am trying to tell you.

I think you should never download the video files with an exe extensions as there would be many kind of risks while playing it. Actually even if you have got the video file with this extension and suppose it has a video which you wish to play but it might happen that some kind of script would be working in the background while you are playing the video. That script could be related to anything.

I don't have Windows in English but I am guessing this is the solution.

Go to "File and search options"

Go to "View"

Untick "Hide extention of known files"

Apply

Change the name of the file and replace "exe" with "mkv"

To thank me, in the future, spare your time and help someone like I've done here.