Thread: Installation of adobe flash player plugin takes more than 30 min in Ubuntu 10.10

Installation of adobe flash player plugin takes more than 30 min in Ubuntu 10.10

I have dell laptop that running Ubuntu 10.10 OS. Yesterday, i try to perform Installation of adobe flash player plugin on it. This process takes more than 30 minutes but surprisingly the setup file of this player is just 20kB. I don't know that whether this is regular process or does it takes longer time. Please clear this important thoughts here. Any information is helpful for me to avoid future issues.

Re: Installation of adobe flash player plugin takes more than 30 min in Ubuntu 10.10

According to me this installation process takes 3-4 minutes. I think the file you choose for this installation is might be not comfortable with your system. I would be think that this will be not installed correct versions of the adobe flash player. You need to check that this software works well on your ubuntu system or not. This is helpful to do next task.

Re: Installation of adobe flash player plugin takes more than 30 min in Ubuntu 10.10

Quote Originally Posted by Gania View Post
    According to me this installation process takes 3-4 minutes. I think the file you choose for this installation is might be not comfortable with your system. I would be think that this will be not installed correct versions of the adobe flash player. You need to check that this software works well on your ubuntu system or not. This is helpful to do next task.
    After finishing installation of the 13MB setup on this system, the process freezes up. It doesn't continue after that. One things also sure that this 13MB setup file is being receiving or sending data blocks takes near about 35 minutes. Hence i post my query here. Can anybody explain any solutions that works to do this task. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kshala.Ray View Post
    After finishing installation of the 13MB setup on this system, the process freezes up. It doesn't continue after that. One things also sure that this 13MB setup file is being receiving or sending data blocks takes near about 35 minutes. Hence i post my query here. Can anybody explain any solutions that works to do this task. Thanks.
    In that case, you should reinstall adobe flash player plugin from Synaptic. Synaptic is a graphical package management program for apt. It works well for doing Installation of adobe flash player plugin update in Ubuntu 10.10 OS. Try it and check what happens onto it.

If you have problem to do this installation of the adobe flash player plugins on ubuntu, use below steps to do this task. Process are as below:
    First download the .deb package from proper download link.
    • Start installation after finishing of downloading. In that situations “Gdebi Package Installer” use to open it.
    • After appearring “Install package” options, enter user name and password.
    • That's it.
    • This installation works to fix your complex problem ad then you can watch online videos in this ubuntu system.