Thread: Convert .flv into .mov or .avi?

Convert .flv into .mov or .avi?

Hello all,
    Do you know some other ways to do it. I need to extract the audio from an .flv video. I am not sure about any particular method but I know the only way of performing this is by having it in the imovie and then performing the extract audio but I am unable to add a .flv video to imovie. Do you have any other way to do it ?

Re: Convert .flv into .mov or .avi?

Why you are going only with only that, you can use another procedure for those. There are a lot of converters are available on the internet that are freely distributed and also very perfect for this task..I am not sure iSquint can manage FLV or not but I have used VisualHub which is the $ version of iSquint.You also can go for that and I hope that can help you for this ...

Extract audio from .flv file

I know there are a lot of converter are available in the net and I can download them to convert the file format into another format.

Actually, I need to extract the audio from the video (the video file that have the extension of .FLV ). As you know, the video file that are downloaded from the youtube sites are always come into the flv format. Please suggest me after reading my whole. As I stated that, I am using imovie which is not allowing me to add the flv file....

You ca extract the audio from video files and can be received in the proper MP3 format. I have searched about this on the internet and found one of the best strategy that can do it easily what you actually wanted to do ..The FLV to MP3 is one of the freely available tool that will allow you to extract audio from FLV video file and the output would be received in MP3 format. The software is pretty straightforward to use,you have to just drag and drop the FLV file will perform the extract operation and then you can play the evaluated files in any of the media players.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

There is another option here that is able to perform what you needed to do.You can also install Perian which is available on the official site of perian.org, so through that, the flv movies would able to perform in the QuickTime Player, and then you can work with the MPEG Streamclip that is available on the squared5 site which will convert them to mov, avi, mp4 and many more formats.

Why even getting so complexities with the choices of software? Just made a advance search for appropriate FLV online converters. If you are receiving the sources from some famous sites named as the YouTube or DailyMotion then easily search for any converters for example vixy or the like can actually able to convert them it into the MP3/AVI/MP4 containers.So only download those file format that need to download.

It looks like that the OP needs just the audio from the .flv formatted video files . In such type of case the easiest choice is to open the .flv file in the free distributed software named as QTAmateur viewer, then move to the File menu and choose Export option and choose "Wave" or "AIFF" as the output. This
    seems of course that Perian has been installed previously . QTAmateur also allow you perform the batch exports to expedite the stuff .