Thread: RSS reader with push?

RSS reader with push?

Hello all, I am just trying to get an application out there which pushes you RSS feeds according to your options. I am unable to find it right now, that brings me here. Do you have any information or any developers out there who requires a project? It would be an brilliant application, and I ready for any payment if the procedure requires it . Anyone have any idea...?

Re: RSS reader with push?

Hey ! That would be better thing . There are so many rss feeds that I got through the mails or have a lot on the internet , though having them stored in an application and being specified of updates would be very handy indeed, And specially, If my machine is going out of the range.

I think, somebody has some insight or there is an application /update in the pipeline somewhere!

In order for a developer to provide push they require to have their own server essentially. They have to manage what requires to be pushed. So let's move through a complex RSS situation.

1. You associate some feeds
    2. This lets you show the feeds and components within
    3. It tests for new components each moment you refresh, every x minutes, or whenever you launch the application.

For an application to have push associated to it, the developer would require to perform it in the such procedure.

(By Server in the below suggested steps, I suggest that the application developers server, not the RSS feeds website server.)

1. you associated some feeds
    2. application syncs again to the server with those feeds
    3. you considered the items and it syncs back to the server with those being "read" status.
    4. Server manages your feeds and got unreadable components even when the application is not working on your phone.
    5. Server transferred a push notification which you have unread stuff
    6. Your phone gets the push notification and you browse the feed in the application..
    7. And just go once again from step 3

The problem here is that there is no application developer (except NetNewsWire) actually running with a server caching and managing feeds. Google is able to perform it, but push notifications would never perform with something other than their own application, That would not be able to perform with the Byline.

If you need to push notifications, it's moving to be from either NetNewsWire or Google. Or some different organization that caches and manages a large unit of web feeds. So any web dependent feed reader could essentially perform it as well.

I was just thinking to comment on the above suggested post by T.J. The overhead needed for an application such it is tremendous. It also makes me worried that it is consuming a much time for a Twitter client to come along that helps push. Of existing Twitter applications, I think, that would be only 1/10 will have such functionality. I think, that single application is Tweetie.

Tweetie will never come for help push unless Twitter creates it in. Sorry. Again, for it to happen there requires to be a server managing the twitter feeds for a specific user account. Then just keep your eyes on the client of any changes through a push notification. Now,Tweetie just communicates to Twitter directly.

I would not count on any twitter clients to help push. this is just several applicable push notifications. I am able to getting that it is wrecking wrecking battery life. Twitter is not a "direct communication" service. Twitter shows "post what you are currently doing " type of service with posting and direct messages built in. But this is not an current response needed type of service.

I am getting your suggests and have been considering about the similar thing.
    That's why I wanted to write out the proper thing you did but you beat me to this.

Yeah, this is a lot of overhead for a organization who build a Twitter client, 9/10 would not be able to afford this but some can and mostly will. We will get a Twitter application on the iPhone perform it eventually, whether Twitter plans to officially support it or not.