Thread: Deleting images in Aperture

Deleting images in Aperture

Hello,
    I want to delete master files (images ) in Aperture, which are located in the NAS. Aperture then reports only these files. You do not have access to the Trash on the master files' volume. Can one tell me where and how the trash has to create on the NAS, that the whole thing work? I have tried to delete the image from there but no use, they are not been deleted. Thank you.

Re: Deleting images in Aperture

First, I still thought it's up to any access rights of your operating system. But even I use Aperture to simultaneously download the originals from the camera to the NAS while the Aperture database is filled accordingly. So can not even delete the files A., which has written by myself. It happened with you, even if the files are on the Mac itself? I do not know that this is your problem. But I think this is got something to do with access rights.

I have all my masters on an external HD, the Aperture library on my internal HD. All files are Referenced. If I create a working copy and delete them afterwards want, what do I do? Likewise, if I want to delete an original, as I go on? So far I have marked these files simply as "Rejected", then "managed" and made deleted because Aperture is not on the external HD will erase. In other words: Where is, whether it is a file that I have rejected, is in Aperture 3 is a working copy or an original? If I know I can create a Smart Album and delete the appropriate working copies, and delete the originals in the working copies plus the original. Any help on this.

OK, I was a little confused, because Aperture is something with the version numbering. If you create a working copy, you get the original original adding "- version X" and not the working copy. The deletion of an external medium is as follows:
    - To delete the image as "Rejected" mark.
    - Two new Smart Folders:

1) Search for Rejected and "Adjustments are applied, these photos and then" Delete versions "option.
    2) Search for Rejected and "Adjustments are NOT applied these photos then", "Consolidate Master" with the "Move" and not "Copy". Then the photos will be consolidated into the Library. Then again, and select "Delete Master Images and All Versions".

That's all. The good thing is that you can also work offline, then go online and delete in one go.

Delete is as follows.
    If you right into the picture (Viewer) file, then delete your working copy select. So that the image disappears immediately viewer and browser. Now switch on the left side library and then look in the trash. select by right in the trash "Aperture Empty Trash. A window will appear, press ok. If no check mark in "linked files in the ..." is made, only the picture information from the Aperture. The Library deleted. The image itself, on the external, will remain intact. If a hook "files linked in the ..." made, will then, yes then all image information from the Aperture Library and move the photo from the external to the system trash.

You can follow this
    - New keyboard layout create "Aperture-> Commands". There, "Cmd-Delete" with"Reject from album and move to next image show. "Shift-Delete" with "Delete master image and all Versions"
    - Man Bld deletes normal (with Cmd-Delete) and it lands in "Rejected" in the "Library"
    - Once you are online, select the images in "Rejected" and select "File> Consolidate Master", then select option "Move". Now copy the photos into Aperture, its catalog and deletes them on the NAS.
    - Now you can do the photos in "Rejected" again select and delete them with Shift-Delete ". We regret to delete each individually - when someone writes a macro, all in the "Rejected" deletes, please post it

Users of Aperture for many years, I suddenly encounter the following problem:
    Every time I open one of my images even old, Aperture 2.1.1 show my NEF imagesin blue or purple either full screen or thumbnail. It is therefore impossible to rework and when exporting a working copy in jpeg and open in Photoshop CS3, the working copy is also blue. In contrast, export of the original NEF in Capture NX and opening shows that the original is not affected. In short, I am completely stuck with inability to rework and export my images. If anyone has an idea I shall be grateful.