Thread: Diary software for Mac OS X

Diary software for Mac OS X

Hi,
    I work on Mac OS X and i need an software to store my thoughts or some guesses or some other daily information. So, is there any diary like software available for Mac OS X. I do not want the software to store big information such as blogs or articles. I need it to just store the daily work. Any more information on this will help me. Thank you.

Re: Diary software for Mac OS X

I think you should go with MacJournal. With Mac Journal you can create one or more newspapers and write your pages. Various options are proposed to enable use enough of it. You can export your logs as text, RTF, Word, HTML or even on your blog

Some of the Features:
    - Lock password of one or more newspapers with optional encryption
    - Choice of HTML template allowing full control on the output using a template system.
    - Statistics pages
    - Inclusion of keywords and date and time
    - Insertion of images by drag & drop
    - Automatic export to a compatible blog
    - Optional installation of Live Journal in the Help menu for a publication (I have not tested because it takes account)
    - Send Instant eMail without formatting or images.
    - Automatic recording interval time.

You also have an alternate like Journler. This is the software for note taking is bloated on Mac OS X. There are two things that strike instantly when you begin to use Journler is its interface, very slick, which inevitably makes one think of iApps and its integration with Mac OS X. Journler is distinguished by its multimedia aspects. It joined the Media Browser Apple gives quick access to your photos, sounds and video. That's not all, the software also offers the ability to record very simply an audio message, an image with a window that incorporates the interface PhotoBooth.

I use MacJournal for one year without having any problem. MacJournal is still primarily a program dedicated to taking notes, no doubt, but he has time to breathe in the air and now offers much more. Software for taking notes, because it offers what it takes to allow the user to concentrate on the essential information. A note is created quickly a Command + N or clicking the little "+" at the bottom of the main window. Once the note is created, just type the text. Not great options for formatting the text, again, MacJournal is not made for handling text. It may nevertheless be crucial: choice of font, its size, color and text alignment, etc.. You can even insert a table, lists (the program can even recognize the will of the user to create a numbered list or bulleted list, like Word or Pages).

Journler allows you to keep a diary, a database or other data types. It is fully integrated with your Mac through its compatibility with Apple applications including iPhoto, iTunes, iWeb, Address Book, Applescript, Quicktime, etc.

Some of the features
    - Import and export: text, rich text (RTF), PDF, Word, html, webarchive
    - Playback Media: Audio-video, images, pdfs, html, web archives, vCard (Address Book)
    - Compatible with systems blog: Blogger.com, LiveJournal and MetaWeblo
    - Instant Search
    - Recording of live video and audio

MacJournal, the well-known Mac software to create notes for a blog, is now available as an application for iPhone and iPod touch. Version 1.0 still edited
    by Mariner Software, allows users to organize and edit text files and upload them to Blogger, LiveJournal, TypePad, WordPress or MobileMe. It allows to create notes in multiple newspapers, to synchronize with the desktop version, it also incorporates a search engine and knows how to operate horizontally or vertically.

I like Journal because when you want to add an item to your journal, simplydrag and drop the icon on the dock Journler. When you entrust such a web
    address, Journler displays a wizard that allows you to quickly categorize and add keywords if necessary. Note that integrates a web browser, Safari Legacy, which provides access to a web address without leaving the software. It also includes a PDF reader which offers the possibility to search again without leaving the application.