Thread: iWork page numbering problem

iWork page numbering problem

Hello,
    I have just started using the iWork office suite and I think it lacks some of the features. I have problem in page number alignment. This function in not easy in iWork. Also, if I need to start page numbering from second page how to do this? There in no option for this. Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: iWork page numbering problem

For alignment you can follow this
    Highlight text (spaces are unfortunately of no need here ), in the info window. For text> character spacing as much as popular and the column width, so small, make that the characters automatically wrap. There is an alternative for this, do you just turned 90 °? That is, at least with text fields. You can use this if you have turned it to 90"

I need that is a kind of number line and thus not as much space is wasted, I thought that I simply turn the text by 90 degrees. Well, I'll try today with related lines. Something like:
    Here is what I want
    Code:
    100 --- 101 *--- *---|--- 012854889 | 01256546541
    Bu this does not work for me. Also if you have any alternate solution then please post back. Any help will be appreciated . Thank you.

I decided to let Word (version too old) to go to something else and I hesitate between iWorks (paid version!), Or NeoOffice or OpenOffice. Pages looks to be pretty good but what bothers me is that most help provided (forum etc. ...). In addition, Keynote does not sound in the slideshow. Is still annoying. Open Office and Neo did not seem as practical (many models, etc. ...). What is your opinion on this, please let me know.

I use both, but not for the same reasons.

- NeoOffice 3.0.2 => stable solution, free (but making a gift is so true) And very close to MS Office with the results. In short, it was MS Office, but without problems! There is also that of MS Office at the ergonomics of the application, and it is not Apple who wants.1

- iWorks => Paid, of course, but for Pages and Keynote Numbers is not very expensive. In terms of quality of work, there is no picture: clean result, and so much fun to use! A similar document between pages and word processing NeoOffice may take up to 2 times faster with Pages.

Sorry, but this is wrong. At the level of compatibility. Pages from the fact that both Word and Numbers of NeoOffice. Xls same! I even tend to say that Pages is doing better than NeoOffice in complex documents with graphics embedded in the text. The only (very small) criticism I would do in Pages is written for "professionals" for publishing, where Pages does not support typographical conventions (eg the half-breaking space before and after a semicolon, similar to the quotes and parentheses, etc.).

IWork If necessary, we go to the fund (as stated PJG 51, 3 software is not expensive). Otherwise, Open Office. Personally, I have 2 but I am using almost exclusively iWork (and send files as Office). Open Office does that for me is very rare recalcitrant Office files. And for the presentations, it is not better than Keynote.