Thread: Where to get tutorial for hard surface texture painting

Where to get tutorial for hard surface texture painting

I tried sweltering the texture to get a picture file to utilize in ps as occlusion map, but I cannot create it run. It comes out the entire black or the entire white. Anybody have some idea where to get a scratch brush similar to that. Cannot locate one anywhere. I must have tried 10 dissimilar concrete tutorials by at present. Some additional complex than additional, but they by no means end up looking the entire that superior/similar to concrete. I have noticed time and time again that a number of of the texturing pros here at the site seem to be familiar with their way approximately creating concrete textures. So if somebody would be so kind to share some secrets of concrete.

Re: Where to get tutorial for hard surface texture painting

If its studio maxes then, select psychological ray as your renderer. Then set the background to white. Be appropriate a customary material to your objective, in addition set it white. In the surroundings menu turn the global lighting spinner to 0, (everything determines to go black). Add an ambient occlusion substance to the self clarification slot in the material you have assigned to your objects. Set the illustrations to 128 in the mat editor. Delete the entire lights from the scene, and hit render.

How regarding presently getting a photo of tangible from CGtextures and you are similar to the entire set, merely thing you necessitate to do is fix it up/add details. As long as it come into view similar to concrete in the maps, it be supposed to be alright as for specular, not too shiny, perceptibly. And normal not too uncomfortable, would look appallingly odd, as that's not the type of surface concrete would usually have, unless broken.

When I bake the AO (Ambient Occlusion) to texture the entire I get is a black map. I completed certain there was no overlaying textures and set the surroundings background color was set white . The Global lighting level to zero. In substance slot. Gave the objective a white disperse color and added the ambient occlusion shader to the manifestation slot with a sampling of 16. Then did a cause to be to texture, told max to utilize existing unwrap, a comprehensive map to be rendered into the disseminate slot, size of 512, output into source and then render. But the entire I get is a black map.

The method I do an AO pass in max is allocate a customary shader>change its color to white> surroundings to white>turn on light tracer>select scan line as renderer>render to texture as a disseminate map>if you desire higher quality modify rays/illustration to 500, filter size 2, bounces 1, initial illustration spacing to 4x4 or 8x8 in the light tracer alternative. I constantly got superior results that method rather than the MR/AO shader method. The black maps are exasperating presently hit it off the disc image in the upper corner to save your map when rendered.

This has been extremely helpful to me even though I am struggling with a small number of of the steps as they are a bit brief and do not explain in detail what you have essentially done. Things similar to the specualrity (I have by no means made a spec map) part is extremely brief. What I am asking is are there several additional texturing tutorials out there that are of a comparable standard to this one but explain what is completed in a finer detail. If you are going to do that, do not bake out the disseminate with a white material, bake out the lighting map. This way you be able to bake out a helpful diffuse map as an alternative.

About the Photoshop Brushes. If you have several interests in running in CG then a mouse presently would not cut it, & once you utilize a tablet you determine to be familiar with why the dynamics alternative I utilize with Photoshop brushes are merely obtainable if you are using a tablet. If you choose the 'Brush' tool, then hit F5 the brush palette determine to open, this is supplementary in-depth than presently selecting brushes as it determine to permit you to modify the shape,flow,scattering etc I have started with a defaulting 'chalk' brush & accustomed the scattering, you have a real time observation of the brush shape, presently play with those dials & you determine to observe how simple it is to modify the brushes into something exceptional.