Thread: iMac 27 NO SOUND IN WINDOWS 7 WITH BOOTCAMP

Satyrs Guest

iMac 27 NO SOUND IN WINDOWS 7 WITH BOOTCAMP

Hello there, I am facing a weird problem with my iMac 27" which has Snow leopard installed on it. I used Boot camp utility that to install Windows 7 on it and the installation was successful but now the sound is not working when the system is logged into Windows 7. Has anybody else faced similar iMac 27 NO SOUND IN WINDOWS 7 WITH BOOTCAMP? Please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: iMac 27 NO SOUND IN WINDOWS 7 WITH BOOTCAMP

Have you checked the Windows installation on the computer? Sometimes all the files which are required for running the operating system properly are not copied on the system. If such a situation occurs then some features of the operating system will not work properly. In my opinion, install Windows 7 on the computer again and check if the problem is solved. You can also try and use repair windows wizard for solving the problem.

Windows operating system will only work on Mac systems if the copy of the operating system is Genuine. If the copy of the operating system is not genuine and still installed on the Mac system then the system will face such problems. Therefore I would suggest, you check if the copy of the Windows operating system which is installed on the computer is genuine or not. If the copy is not genuine, it will continue to give such problems.

Satyrs Guest

The copy of Windows 7 Ultimate which I am using is genuine and still I am facing sound problems with it. I removed the Windows 7 and the partition from the Macbook and then created a new partition for installation of Windows 7 but still there is no improvement in the system. Now I think there is some hardware compatibility issue between Windows 7 and Mac system but still if there is any solution to the problem, please let me know.

I suspect that there is some driver conflict issue in the Windows 7 on the iMac. For the sound to work normally, the installed drivers should work properly on the iMac. If the drivers which are installed are conflicting with the system the problems similar to you will be faced. Hence check if there is any driver conflict on the system or not.

I was also facing the same problem with my iMac after installation of Windows 7 on it. To solve the problem, follow the steps below :-
    • Go to device manager in windows 7 and click on Sound device.
    • Remove the drivers which are installed for the sound device.
    • Insert the installation disk of snow leopard disc in the drive.
    • Right click on the drive and open it.
    • Now in the drivers section, select and install Vista64 drivers.
    • Let the procedure complete.

Satyrs Guest

I followed all the steps suggested by michaels and removed the previously installed sound drivers from the system. Inserted the installation disk and installed the Vista64 drivers from the disk which worked perfectly on the system. Now the sound on the iMac works under Windows 7 and Snow leopard without any problems. Thanks a lot.

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you do is:
    1. Turn on your iMac and log onto windows.
    2. Insert your Snow Leapord install disk.
    3. Open My Computer, right click on the disk and click 'open'.
    4. Navigate to \Boot Camp\Drivers\Cirrus and open 'CirrusAudioVista64.exe'.
    5. Follow the installation process and restart your iMac when it tells you to.

Your sound should now work. It works for me on my 21.5" Late 2009 iMac.

Quote Originally Posted by Caluminus View Post
    I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you do is:
    1. Turn on your iMac and log onto windows.
    2. Insert your Snow Leapord install disk.
    3. Open My Computer, right click on the disk and click 'open'.
    4. Navigate to \Boot Camp\Drivers\Cirrus and open 'CirrusAudioVista64.exe'.
    5. Follow the installation process and restart your iMac when it tells you to.

Your sound should now work. It works for me on my 21.5" Late 2009 iMac.
    I honestly love you. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Hi,

have now spent several hours to install the correct audio drivers on my iMac 27'' for Win7 64Bit (late 2009 i bought it probably July 2010) and all suggestions failed, including the ones above.

The problem was that Win7 always installs the default microsoft driverss, but they work only partly. The main problem is, that no sound ccomes out of the build in loudspeaker. There is actually audio when you connect a speaker or headphone to the mini-jack output. The output is also emitting a red light, via default drivers, which is not correct. It seems that it switched to the optical digital out.

Here is my solution to install the 'correct' drivers !

The iMac has actually two sounddevices. They appear as two individual devices in the device manager.

1. Device
    The first one is not the one responsible for the normal audio. It has something to do with HDMI audio.

I have downloaded the 64-Bit Win7 drivers from the Realtek site.
    EXE file. In my case the driver was not installed, but some necessray files where copied to C:\Program Files(x86)\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\HDMI\Vista64

In the device manager click: Update Driver->Manually Search on the Computer: Point to the above directory and click next.

The correct driver is installed and display himself as 'ATI HDMI Audio', which is funny when installing a driver from Realtek.

2. It seems that the 2.nd Sound-Chip is from Cirrus and has the name: CS4207. Go to the cirrus website and search for 'CS4207 Win7 driver'. Follow the link to the first entry in the result list. Goto the resources section: Under Tools and Software download the CS4207 Win7 driver.

It is a zip file. Just unzip it to a folder.

Now in the device manager update the driver for the second audio device: Point to the folder, where you have unzipped the Cirrus driver: Press next and install it.

This should work and after installion your iMac suddenly has sound on the speakers. The driver display as 'Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB81).

Good Luck

Mungo

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo64 View Post
    Hi,

have now spent several hours to install the correct audio drivers on my iMac 27'' for Win7 64Bit (late 2009 i bought it probably July 2010) and all suggestions failed, including the ones above.

The problem was that Win7 always installs the default microsoft driverss, but they work only partly. The main problem is, that no sound ccomes out of the build in loudspeaker. There is actually audio when you connect a speaker or headphone to the mini-jack output. The output is also emitting a red light, via default drivers, which is not correct. It seems that it switched to the optical digital out.

Here is my solution to install the 'correct' drivers !

The iMac has actually two sounddevices. They appear as two individual devices in the device manager.

1. Device
    The first one is not the one responsible for the normal audio. It has something to do with HDMI audio.

I have downloaded the 64-Bit Win7 drivers from the Realtek site.
    EXE file. In my case the driver was not installed, but some necessray files where copied to C:\Program Files(x86)\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\HDMI\Vista64

In the device manager click: Update Driver->Manually Search on the Computer: Point to the above directory and click next.

The correct driver is installed and display himself as 'ATI HDMI Audio', which is funny when installing a driver from Realtek.

2. It seems that the 2.nd Sound-Chip is from Cirrus and has the name: CS4207. Go to the cirrus website and search for 'CS4207 Win7 driver'. Follow the link to the first entry in the result list. Goto the resources section: Under Tools and Software download the CS4207 Win7 driver.

It is a zip file. Just unzip it to a folder.

Now in the device manager update the driver for the second audio device: Point to the folder, where you have unzipped the Cirrus driver: Press next and install it.

This should work and after installion your iMac suddenly has sound on the speakers. The driver display as 'Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB81).

Good Luck

Mungo
    Hi, I registered just to say thank you Mungo. Really appreciate it, you cannot imagine the hours that I tried and work it out of my so-so knowledge. Thank you again, and have a blessed new year.