Thread: Can't access photos in iPhoto Library

Can't access photos in iPhoto Library

I am managing my photos with one of the popular software named as iPhoto 08 on my iMac and I am unable to do anymore. For example, when I am in Photoshop and uploading a photo to a webpage and I move to open a photo thats in the iPhoto Libraries main directory, it would not allow me to go any farther than the iPhoto Library, I am unable to get any arrow so I am unable to get to the separate directory in the Library and when I click on show file in iPhoto, it will display such location but other than that I am unable to get at it.

Any ideas?

Re: Can't access photos in iPhoto Library

You can take a different move. You can configure the iPhoto to open files in Photoshop straight by right clicking a photo in iPhoto and selecting edit in external editor, yeah ?

If you insist on moving into the library, Just make it right click on that and select "show package contents". Absolutely, You will then get entire files as you seen before.

Its much uploading to the internet that I have some headache about, than Photoshop. When I move to upload an picture to a forum, it would not even allow me to choose iPhoto Library. Just take a look on the image that I have attached in the attachment section . I got the package components but is there a specific method to have it perform that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Access iPhoto library when uploading photos to websites

I was uploading pictures to my MySpace and then I needed to retrieve the pictures that are stored on my iPhoto 08 Library through the dialog window. Unfortunately, the Library shows in "grey" and I am unable to open it and got my method to the main directory to find for the picture that I need to upload.

Someone has any suggestion on how to perform it? I can't believe iPhoto Library would not let me to get the absolute files except by clicking on it and displaying package components (that I am unable to do when uploading files because I find a dialog window with a separate finder in this) or by browsing the software and displaying file . I am working with OS X 10.5.3, Safari 3.1.1 and iPhoto 08.

Apple has changed the iPhoto library file to a package to restrict the people from entering into the library and destroying their files, so, i would suggest you to just keep yourself out from that place. To upload, just drag or transfer to the desktop the photos you need to use and upload from that place where you have just dragged currently. The benefits are that you will have the several recent version of your pictures and if you are going with the export command, you can be sure about what size you need the photo to be , neither of which choice exist (simply, at any cost) from within the library in finder.

That's what I need to know because I was scared. I though that it is very annoying that apple plans that I am unable to retrieve my pictures should I select to have them organized using iPhoto 08...

Do you know about the alternative to placing them somewhere else? I am not glad about keeping to situate an advance step for uploading pictures to websites, something I do quite always. By the way Thank you very much for
    your kind replies !

Commonly , Organizing is what iPhoto performs, and does it properly within best manner ! This is an organizational software according to it's behavior. I don't got how it is an "advance" step to drag to the desktop. The alternative is finding around for a long time in the directories iPhoto makes to get what you are searching for. It is more simple to find a specific picture from within the application itself. Specially, if you have worked with the keywords. And got one thing, you will have the most current version of your photo if you move through the application. What would you rather have, what you think to be an advance step, or a destroyed iPhoto library and photos?

alexrock23 Guest

Going into the library in finder is the surest way to corrupt and/or lose your photos. Apple changed the way it was in previous versions so that people would stop corrupting their photos. Best to NEVER go there -- use the Media, or drag and drop to the desktop for uploading, etc.