Thread: TeraCopy OSX

TeraCopy OSX

Ok, As you all are aware about the mechanism and technique about how bad windows copy and paste the files and really big stuck. The OS X is also goin in the same way.

It indicates that if you are going to try to copy a directory, Actually, 30 GB, and an error generates for some causes the entire process got end. That's why I like to use teracopy for Windows based operating that facilitates you to leave the file thats occurring the issue and resume copying. So what I need to ask that do you know any same software that can do on the Mac OSX ?

Re: TeraCopy OSX

There are so many users always asking about the same query and I am just thinking about the same matter myself. I would need to be capable to queue up copies and moves rather than containing more than single copies going at one time (hence getting down them to intolerable levels). Teracopy supported make Vista semi-usable for me at my previous job. A Mac port would be very welcomed. Are there any Mac equivalences?

I am also searching for a Teracopy similar program for OSX. I have placed my server from one computer to my Mac and I am re manipulating and sorting a lot of terabytes worth of components, and OSXs copy got failed me one several times. It also got lacked the ability to manipulate the directories of the exact name but with different components. It will frequently overwrite one with the different. WTF Apple?

I am thinking by the lack of replies in current year previously created thread that we are just have no luck on such one. Time for Boot Camp according to me . Sigh.

One should not have to know more about Unix and close to the terminal just to organize some common COPY and PASTE functions. Seriously, Even Windows can manipulate directory with a common copy.. there is no any causes OSX unable to perform it in the UI.

When a main contained more than folder copy got fails partway via there's no method to continue it simply, it is a nightmare of associated via directories until you got as same where the copy petered out and a number of manual copy/paste from there. I am astonished that like a perfect OS is lacking in such section. Come on Apple, resolve it! In the meantime, does someone are aware about a GUI tools which can manage copy/paste very well ?

I think,this does not exist some better alternative for mac OSx . I have tried to replace a 120 GB directory from my USB drive (NTFS) to my external firewire drive (NTFS) but OSXs standard file copier restricted after some seconds providing some weird bugs.

Then after I performed the downloading and a rsync tool such as suggested in the respective thread and started copying after one hour and 20 minutes I gave up. It performed the copy of 17 GB in that time. Booted into windows and I am now working with the teracopy having better speeds within the drives. I provided up on getting a worthy software for OSX.

I agree, it is an abomination the method Finder manages the merging procedure. The arguments I have got from Mac for years only have into account replacing one or two having minimum size directories. Several projects now a days have directories hierarchical 100 levels deep.Giving for what is common activity is a disgrace. Dropping to the shell is a pain, and I am sure not a viable fix to what is properly worst design by Apple. As a switcher, even after three years I wince daily,I have to perform high level file management in Finder and even to the point of going up Windows in VMWare to done the task..

There are some file management software are listed here through which you operate the files and folders in different way on Mac.

• Synchronize! Pro X
    • ChronoSync
    • FoldersSynchronizer