Thread: Final Cut Studio and Snow Leopard

Final Cut Studio and Snow Leopard

Hello,
    I did the update to Final Cut Studio 2 and compressor bug and does not launch. I am using Snow Leopard. I did a clean install by tacking everything but it still does not work. Do you know where is the problem? I have a macbook pro 17 'core duo with 2 gigs of ram. Thank you in advance.

Re: Final Cut Studio and Snow Leopard

What is the exact problem? it does not seen to start at all? In any case I advice you to update the X.0.1 that are offered by Apple for all software suite for FCS 2 X0.0 versions had some bugs. In short, is the update will have better AC, also repair your permissions if you never know. For the updates through "update software" menu, it makes you do everything alone. I guess this is the process you are following to update the software.

I've removed the rest house / library / Appe support and records but I have not turned one. As soon as I get back from holiday I try again. As a reminder, my problem is that Compressor will not start: it made a few "jumps", but after closes. I can not do the update patches for compressor, my mac does not want. I repaired permissions but nothing came of it.

This is a typical application with a preference file (. Plist) is corrupt. It starts, then tries to load its final adjustments, and not succeeding, she leaves. A quick reminder: before you reinstall an application, which takes time and generally serves no purpose (except in very particular), first try to turn its preferences. 9 / 10 times it solves the problem. Then, of course, if the problem persists, it should consider more robust methods.

I have exactly the same problem. Compressor will not open. Finally it is not quite true, it opened once during the initial installation. I wanted to start a record for a quick test. I did all that was said here and even a complete re-installation of the suite and nothing. I know I do not advance it, well good but a bit Compressor is the basis of this result. What good is any good to edit any of its own if you can not make it in the format that you want? Since if you found a solution thank you for sharing it here because I do not know what to do.

I have to face exactly the same problem today. Compressor worked fine since install, and I made the updates Pro Application and Compressor 3.0.1 (via Software Update) and since longer wants to go. Also try to delete everything (preferences, frameworks, whatever I thought that referred to Compressor ...) and reinstall ... but nothing, it will not go. If anyone has found a solution?

Are you simply trying to launch Compressor from another user account? It's silly but it is a crucial test: if the application is launched from another account while your application is good this is just the files prefs and Application Support (we will not often think of that one) who disconnect.