Thread: Spell check problems in Microsoft Word 2008

Spell check problems in Microsoft Word 2008

I am using Microsoft Word 2008 on my computer system with windows 7. I am getting awesome features with this Microsoft Word 2008, but having some issues with it. The thing is that I am not able to activate spell check in it. I have tried many methods to activate the spell check in Microsoft Word 2008, but did get any success. I am totally frustrated because of this strange problem of Microsoft Word 2008. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Re: Spell check problems in Microsoft Word 2008

I think you have not properly installed Microsoft Word 2008 on your computer system and because of that you are getting problem while activating the spell check. I think there is only one solution for this issue, and it is to reinstall this Microsoft Word 2008. Please try this solution and let me know if you still getting same problem.

I am also having the same problem with Microsoft Word 2008. I am also getting issues while enabling the spell check feature of Microsoft Word 2008. As mentioned in the above suggestion I already tried the reinstallation of Microsoft Word 2008 on my computer, but doesn't make difference in the spell check issue. Pleas provide proper solution for this.

You will get problem for spell checking in following conditions:
    • The text in your document is formatted in a language for which no dictionary for spell checking is installed.
    • Element Do not check spelling or grammar is not selected in the dialog box Language. To view this setting, point Language menu ToolsThen click Set language.

Please try with following steps:
    1. Select the text you want to check the spelling.
    2. The menu Tools, Point Language, Then click Set language.
    3. In the 'The selection is' Select the language of your choice (a dictionary to check the spelling should be installed for the language you choose, it is marked with a blue check mark), then click By default to define the language selected as default language.
    4. Click OK.

If the language version of your operating system does not match the language in which you want to type the text, then you won't be able to use the spell check functionality. You must add the language if you want to type or display text in that language. I hope it will resolve all your confusion about the Spell check.

When you check the spelling and grammar of a document in another language and corresponding tools are available in your language version of Office 2008, Word will automatically install these spell check tools. If the tools of grammar and spelling for the language that you basically wanted to check are not included in Office 2008, you must obtain and install the necessary files from the Proofing Tools Microsoft Office 2008.