Thread: Safari slow on macbook pro

Safari slow on macbook pro

I just equipped myself a macbookpro, 13-inch 2.66 with 128 ssd nova corsair 4 gb of ram. I do not really understand what is the problem but apparently uninhabited I have one application open super fast thanks to the ssd but the rest is hell. I can not scroll in Safari, the window goes down account and everything is slow. I use power point idem heavily. What is the exact problem. Can you help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Re: Safari slow on macbook pro

The first thing to try is to open Activity Monitor (Applications -> Utilities) and see whether an application or process you do not eat all your CPU or memory. Try another browser (Firefox, Camino). If it works, it is likely that the problem comes from Safari (very greedy when it is the flash). Is not it better, it would rather look at the side of your Internet connection.

I just I do a little more than 1.3 GB of RAM free, I am astonished that much either, it says uses PPT is the most delicious with 640 MB. The problem is really with safari, what a galley to arrive at this post. It's really weird I check the disk, use Onyx etc. no change the problem persists. Can you recommend me some other browser. Any help regarding this topic will be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

I do have a similar kindof a problem with safari. I tried with firefox also, I use a little better but it's still a problem. Powerpoint is a bit like that as soon as I go into explorer and slide I click on the arrows to scroll lateral, is awfully slow. I do not really understand what problem I have with the Internet with the mini, when connected in wireless has no problem with safari?

The show cpu usage of 30 to 95% when using PPT and around 30% I use quad safari. I turn Onyx again and restart, it's much better this morning. However, the browser seem to have diminished little by little until the windows in safari no longer want to place quite. I am really confused what exactly is the problem, is it with the browser or the operating system. Will I need to format the system?

On the CPU, this is not quite what I was expecting
    The idea is:
    1) open the activity monitor, CPU tab, and 'all' operations
    2) click on the column '%' in order to have the process most consumers top the list
    3) to the computer with Safari row and record the process consumers
    Do the same with the memory tab, and sort on column 'real memory' and then 'swap'.