Thread: iTunes 9.1 syncing iPod Touch

iTunes 9.1 syncing iPod Touch

Hello people, I have a recently bought an Apple iPod touch 16gb and which I used to sync with iTunes 8.0 installed on the computer working Windows XP. I updated the iTunes on the computer to version 9.1 and now I am not able to sync the iPod with the computer. When the iPod is tried to sync it gives error saying "iTunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services". I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Therefore if any of you knows how to solve iTunes 9.1 syncing problem with iPod Touch then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: iTunes 9.1 syncing iPod Touch

Have you checked the connecting cord which you are using to connect the iPod to the compute? The USB cord which is used to connect the iPod to the computer consist of number of lines of conductors. If any of these lines of conductors is damaged due to improper storage or handling then the communication between the iPod and the computer will not be proper and hence the iPod will not get synced properly. Try changing the connecting cord and see if the iPod can be synced or not.

Uninstall the application from the computer and remove all the files/keys which are related to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, reinstall the application and see if it works properly. You can also try and download the latest version of the iTunes from the Apple website and install it on the computer. Hopefully installing the software again will solve the problem.

Try resetting the Ipod and then connect it to the computer. Sometimes the Ipod touch gets stuck in some loop due to which the Ipod will not get detected on the computer. To bring the Ipod out of the loop, you will have to reset the Ipod. To reset the Ipod touch and follow the steps below :- Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Now connect the Ipod to the computer and see if Ipod gets synced.

Change the preference of the iTunes and then sync the Ipod manually. Sometimes the automatically syncing option of the iTunes creates problems while syncing of the iPod. Disable the automatic sync of the iTunes and see if the iPod can be synced or not. To disable the automatic syncing option of iTunes, Open iTunes and click on Edit, go to Preferences and then select Devices tab, remove the check mark from the option which says "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from synching automatically" and save the settings. Now connect iPod to the computer and sync it manually.

The problem is because of sqlite3.dll present on the computer. To solve the error, follow the steps below :-
    • Close all the running applications.
    • Click on Start and select Search.
    • Type "sqlite3.dll" and hit enter.
    • Move this file from the directory to the desktop.
    • Start the iTunes and check it.

Deleting the Sqlite3.dll really solved the syncing problem with the iPod touch. The file was somehow conflicting with the syncing process of the iPod which continuously gave error messages. I searched and deleted the file as suggested and now the iPod is syncing without any issues.