Thread: Opera 10.51 Voice wont install

Opera 10.51 Voice wont install

Hello all,

I am using Opera before few months and now I love it to use, but for some causes when I tried to install the voice library binary's. It reached at 100% of the download progress then occurred an error message as "Download failed!".

The downloading has been done as full 10MB, but it seems like it is failing to start the processing of installation. I am considering that maybe Opera puts in purposeful errors in order to sell their tech support for $29. Anyone of you all Has installed the voice program manually and successfully ?

Re: Opera 10.51 Voice wont install

Very Interesting, it is compatible on the last version but on the latest. I just received the prompt to download the binaries. Nothing happens until I exit from here then it shows to download but does not and the help guidelines opens.

I would suspect server problems on their end. Have not tried to see whether this is an XP problem specifically . Obviously none is doing anything about this and it's been around for awhile. Too bad, I had it running on 10.5. Actually, I would suggest you to choose another way for the same procedure, I can get the download to commit via "enable voice browsing" but it just unchecks itself afterward and you move round in circles.

For downloading in proper sequence, you need to go to the Users\Local Settings\AppData\Opera\Voice directory.

Opera 10.51 Voice wont install

After that procedure, I have tried to do the same thing but now this time, I continued the steps with your suggested way. It downloads to the administrators application data directory but does not commit the installation procedure , and yes it has been around for a while. I had 10.5 and it did not work on it either. Do you have anymore suggestion...

Re: Opera 10.51 Voice wont install

There may be different issues with this and more is related to the supporting issues. According to me, we are not out of luck with this. I was working with the Opera 10.5 but had to go to preferences and click and unclick the enable button every time for each browser session. I also running with an previous program that I use; the free version is decent and certainly worth a trial but I upgraded to the good and it works fairly well.

Voice libraries are downloaded, but voice is not activated

I have just downloaded the latest version of Opera and I try to activate the voice from the Tools /preferences/voice and then I enabled the voice and it asks me to download Opera needs some extra files to enable the voice. The download is approximately 10.5MB. Do you need to download and install the voice libraries now?

I commanded as yes and it starts downloading when it is completed the downloading procedure then it unchecks the Enable voice and I click it again and it asks me to download it again. I performed this near about six times. I even closed opera and restarted it then I moved for re-installation of Oprea again and the same issue keep happening again and again .

Thank you,