Thread: Can I delete a DLL safely

Can I delete a DLL safely

I am using windows Vista. I found some issue , there is some folder where documents are not exist, but it can not be deleted, and some suffix. Dll files are deleted can not afford to use WordPad that does not open and found the content, but can not afford to delete, what these files and folders can be deleted? How can I delete a DLL safely? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can I delete a DLL safely

In Windows Vista, many applications are not a complete executable file, they divided into a number of relatively independent of the dynamic link library, DLL file that is placed in the system. When we execute a certain procedure, the corresponding DLL file will be called. There will be more than one application DLL file, a DLL file may also be shared by several applications, such as DLL files shared DLL file is called. DLL files are generally stored in C: Windows System directory. Can not believe that folder is empty you can delete. If deleted, will cause the operating system to run problem.

If the system folder do not make sure to delete useless if you can recognize this is a process which calls the DLL and then delete the termination process can have a tool unlocker can easily use him as long as the trivial solution can remove him tool up and down with the virus, So you ca use it, If you found issue, reply.

Re: Can I delete a DLL safely

The reason why you can not remove nasty DLL file, because it was attached to the other process of, the existence of these processes makes the DLL into the virus is in the running, so in order to remove the virus, it must first be attached to an end the process for the job. First, open a command prompt window, enter the command "tasklist / m BackDoorDll.dll". This means that detection of the specified command is the name of the file which the process is called, can be seen from the results of the original DLL file into the process of virus explore.exe, this process ID is 3240, then we close the process, use the command taskkill / f / PID 3240, it means forcibly terminate the process ID No. 3240 . Of course, we can also use Task Manager to end the process. Check the process.

You need to using file optimization to solve the problem, that is: Run optimized master, enter the "System clean" and select "redundant DLL clean", and then need to be addressed before the tick hard disk partition, the general election on the C drive only, but also can all choose ~. Then click on the "analysis" button will automatically optimize master of DLL files on the hard disk, the outcome of the selection you want to remove the DLL file, click "delete" button on the line.

pcs365_12 Guest

ThumbsUp Re: Can I delete a DLL safely

You can use ccleaner, it also does more than dll delinking's, it also removes unwamted registry entries......

You need to Double-click to open "My Computer", click the menu command "Tools" → "Folder Options" → "View" tab in the Advanced Settings under the deletion of "Simple File Sharing" option. Then find the DLL file cannot be deleted, right-click it, the pop-up menu, select "Properties" → "Security", click "Advanced" button in the pop-up window to remove "inherit from parent applications that can permission to child objects projects, including those with entries explicitly defined here "in front of hook. In the pop-up window and then click "Remove." Finally click "OK."

The most standard method is:
    1. To make your own dll module into the target process (as you said the explorer process)
    There are several ways to achieve that in vb the most simple way is to use keyboard and mouse hook into the use of SetWindowsHook function. You can also use other target remote thread into the process, cannot do this vb
    2 The own dll using the Get Module Handle function module, find the target dll module handle, this function only parameter is the target dll file name
    3 The module uses its own .dll Free Library function, the release of target dll modules share the memory, he is the only parameter obtained in step 2 Handle
    4 Then you can freely delete the target dll files.