Thread: Playing AVI files on iPad

Playing AVI files on iPad

Has anyone tried playing AVI files on Apple iPad ? I am planning to buy an iPad for myself and heard that it can play AVI video files without any software.

Now, as we all know we need to convert all standard avi files to make it compatible with iTunes, i also wanted to know is iPad needs this process as well or can play any kind of AVI format ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Playing AVI files on iPad

iPad can play all AVI files, but it is not AVI format downloads on major torrent sites, but it is a format which is compressed and is related to Motion JPEG. It is quite complicated to explain, even to me, but the thing is something like the format. AVI, which includes both audio and video was developed by Microsoft. Motion JPEG is a type of video. AVI compressed, while the standard. AVI is only a container for video on the Internet.

Apple has never written that the IPAD supports XviD codecs are usually used in those files. There is no possible way to display your movies pirates in the IPAD. At most only have the ability to view your pictures via attachment SD card reader.

According to Apple iPad technical characteristics, the IPAD indeed support a type of AVI video: Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio ulaw, PCM stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by MaCiNToSHeR View Post
    Now, as we all know we need to convert all standard avi files to make it compatible with iTunes, i also wanted to know is iPad needs this process as well or can play any kind of AVI format ?
    The Video files in AVI formats that has been taken from some of the video cameras can be play by iPad and but can't watch the movies or clip that has been downloaded from internet or else. Same as itunes, if you want to watch or play these files on iPad than you will need to convert them to iPad friendly format.

You can also convert them to MP4 format for your IPAD. It is a concern for all the way until the end to find that your video file does not work on your IPAD. I recommend iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac iPad, which provides optimized presets for your iPad so you do not need to worry about the settings on your IPAD.

For more info, check out this:
    Movies on my iPad