Thread: igs to Cinema 4d

igs to Cinema 4d

I have converted .Igs Autocad files to .Obj files using Carrara and opened in Cinema 4D, assembled them in the perfect model of a gasoline pump and nozzle for animation deposit box and casting. However, they come in the film as "nurbs surface" and when I try to do a cross section of the pump using a Boolean object, the entire object is removed, not just the portion covered by the object Boolean. The "NURBS surface," as their file names indicate, seems to be independent and I am not able to make contact or run "state to object" and halve the object to animate the work of the pump. Any suggestions? Now I am confused in the igs format.!! So the main thing is I need an explanation about the .IGS format. Your help will be really grateful.!!

Re: igs to Cinema 4d

If you converted the objects. Obj then format, as far as I know, they come as objects polygon. I guess that Carrera has created the "NURBS" name, but they are still regular polygon objects. You can check that easily by going to the point / poly / or the fashions and selecting objects. I have no idea why the boolean does not work. You could try unchecking the "high quality" in the subject line Boolean. If you can send the file somewhere, I'd be happy to take a look.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

An IGES stands for Initial Graphics Exchange Specification. An ANSI approved standard format Used with 3D wire frame models. It's Often Used in the exchange of CAD drawings. Also I would like to discuss more about the file extension IGS. Errors in your registry are one of the Common Cause Associations for incorrect file on your windows system. It is highly recommended That you check your registry errors for file association (Also will check for Any Other registry errors).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

Thank you for the information. Each object is available as a separate "NURBS surface," as called Carrara, and I can select individual polygons (polygon mode), but he treats as an indivisible whole, as it seems. I will try your suggestion unchecking "high quality" box when I get home tonight, but so far I can not find a way to get a cross section of the object pump without using a Boolean object. Hoping that you will try to provide some other solution.

In reality, you must select all the objects surface should call an object and execute the connect command. It will create an object composed of all parties (but it will not delete the originals). Then run the optimization on the object connected. This will surely help you in getting a cross section of the object pump without using a Boolean object.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

This bundle designed around CINEMA 4D, 3D application already well established in film and television, known for its ease of use and made of top quality. Thus, any user, even the novice can now create in minutes a professional-looking visualizations incorporating the choice still images or animations with the tool kit dedicated CINEMA 4D Engineering Bundle. Many new tools have been developed especially for the CAx sector and allow a workflow extremely fluid.The imaging upscale type theater is no longer restricted to graphic artists. The users of conventional CAD applications can now produce their own images upscale in minutes, where an advantage could prove decisive in their presentations. CINEMA 4D Engineering Bundle goes beyond the image rendering and animation of top quality - it also includes palettes complete modeling and animation.