Thread: Cinema 4D R10 Character Rigging Tutorial

Cinema 4D R10 Character Rigging Tutorial

Hey all,
    So I'm diving into the world of Cinema 4D, And I want to start my first project character of an internal component. I've been seeing a bunch of tutorials on character rigging, most of them involve objects net. I realized how fake the hand microphone, for example - that works fine. What if I want to install a character which is not a mesh object? Is this possible? If not, Is there a way to transform a complex character in an object (active state according to the object does not seem to do)? Also please provide me some tutorials if you know that can help me in this topic.!! Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by visioneye; 15-05-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Re: Cinema 4D R10 Character Rigging Tutorial

Make Editable is the command to use (under the function menu) to convert geometric primitives and NURBS to meshes editable. It will also primitive spline in editable spline. I hope that you should be knowing about the NURBS. NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational Basis Splines) are a generalization of B-spline functions are defined as those with points in homogeneous coordinates. The main interest of these NURBS curves is that they even manage to fit curves that can not be represented by B-splines.

According to me, you only need to use mesh objects if the objects deform or bend. Rigid Character, Composed of several different parties (such as robots and other) that does not deform, Do not need to be objects of mesh. You can simply rig the parts themselves by forcing parents or spouses to a skeleton rigged. Hope that this hint will help you a lot.

You should be very clear with the NURBS before proceeding to the character rigging. NURBS are used to represent mathematical geometric objects. They generalize the representation by B-spline curves and surfaces by adding a denominator. Especially used in 3D publishing software, these adjustment functions are particularly useful in the field of information technology, specifically in image compression and computer-aided design to generate and represent milder forms ergonomic. Because they have many advantages, their use is widespread :
    • easily and accurately to assess a form
    • ability to approximate complex shapes
    • simplicity of construction and implementation
    • low complexity algorithms

The character animation tools for Cinema 4D R10 have been substantially modified to mark the release. Among the most notable improvements include: the emergence of new distorters - Bump, Stretch and Grape Crush and, not to mention a painting influences improved. And the list does not stop there. MOCCA has many "small" improvements requested by users of the product and taken into account by MAXON as joint alignment and behavior of CI Spline Tool Link and display of polygonal bones. You can get more details on CINEMA 4D 10.5 from the official website MAXON.

After all the problem is to manage the priorities based on the number of resources available from Maxon, and those are not huge. They are therefore forced to make choices in relation to what they consider most vital, both by lack of respect to their software and marketing constraints. Also new in the R10 is very consistent, but not necessarily hyper-visible. Especially the improvement of workflow, which was reviewed in depth, and AC is a definite plus for everyone.