Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the Windows 7 Media Center screensaver to be the system screensaver

Getting the Windows 7 Media Center screensaver to be the system screensaver

Anybody have any idea for installing screensaver that the Media Center is using in window 7 so that it can become system screen savers. I have checked other forums but was unable to get a related reply. It is something that taking all your pictures and then rendering them as if they are on the wall, and then zooming in and out. I loved to do it but it will better if I can get Windows 7 Media Center screensaver to be the system screensaver

Re: Getting the Windows 7 Media Center screensaver to be the system screensaver

It is quite simple in windows media center go to Tasks > Settings > Picture and then check the box of Play my favorite pictures as a screen saver"

After that make sure that the media center is not in the “media only mode” i.e. Tasks > Media Only. After that set your systems screen saver. This should work as you need.

I think you have not understood the problem, my pictures screensaver is working fine, but it is only displaying the pictures. The Media center screensaver, when it transitions between different pictures, it zooms out, and group of pictures you have rendered as if they are on the wall and you are looking at it. After that camera moves along the wall and then zooms into another picture. That is the thing I need the screen saver for my desktop.

I was also facing the similar problem, but after performing too much experiment, I got this solution. Go to > control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Change Screen Saver > Screen Saver > None.
    Then you have go to Windows Media Center > Settings > Pictures>Slide Show Screen Saver > Set Screen Saver to time you want and check box of "Play my favorite pictures as screen saver"

After that set the Windows Media Center to "Full Screen".
    This solution has worked for me but I am not sure that it will work for you also.

I am having simpler solution for this you just need to download "Screen Launcher 1.0". The Screen Launcher application is designed for helping the user to choose any program to run as a screensaver. It could be a Powerpoint, a movie or any EXE or related file.

For installing this file you just need to unzip it and then right click and then install it on the context menu. It can be use like any other screen saver.

pcs365_12 Guest

question Re: Getting the Windows 7 Media Center screensaver to be the system screensaver

you need to tweak the default settings for that to be done.....

I am using window 7 ultimate for the more couple of months and everything is going great. But I do not what has happened. I was watching TV about ten minutes ago, through Windows Media Center and then my screensaver started and after that my screen is shifted to upside. I rebooted my pc but it did not solve my problem.

I was also facing similar and I followed these steps to resolve it.
    1. First open control Panel > programs and features.
    2. After that click "Turn Windows features on or off" that is in the left pane
    3. Then expand the “Media Features”, and uncheck “Windows Media Player”. After that click on “Yes” to continue and then “OK” to quite.
    4. Then reboot the system
    5. After that repeat steps 1 and 2.
    6. This time turn on the features and then reboot the “Windows Media Center”
    Try this may be this will help you.

smile

sorry I deleted that video, here is the new one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cz5O-FGFaI

Thanks a lot friend. Thats really a good and easy tutorial.

But the fonts in this tutorial is very very small, not able to see it properly. I can only understand what he is doing but not the text and all. Anyways, i think that will be enough when will do it practically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ken View Post
    Thanks a lot friend. Thats really a good and easy tutorial.

But the fonts in this tutorial is very very small, not able to see it properly. I can only understand what he is doing but not the text and all. Anyways, i think that will be enough when will do it practically.
    try the full screen button... and you dont even need the video just read the instructions readme in the attached file link
    Last edited by louiskmn; 26-05-2010 at 08:33 PM.

I have attempted this several times. I save the download to my desktop then drag it into the Windows/System 32 folder on the C: drive. I then right click on desktop, then personalize, then choose screensaver, just like the u-tube video shows. In my screensaver drop down box there is not an option for screen launcher. What am i doing wrong? I really want the windows media center photo gallery screensaver to be my system screensaver.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarin View Post
    I have attempted this several times. I save the download to my desktop then drag it into the Windows/System 32 folder on the C: drive. I then right click on desktop, then personalize, then choose screensaver, just like the u-tube video shows. In my screensaver drop down box there is not an option for screen launcher. What am i doing wrong? I really want the windows media center photo gallery screensaver to be my system screensaver.
    Instead of using all the hectic way around, download and install a software called "Screen Launcher 1.0". It's a screensaver that launches a program or file. In the configuration, you just have to set it to run "C:\Windows\ehome\eshell.exe /screensaver". Or else you could even try to disable it by going to settings/pictures/slideshow screensaver. I only see support for pictures, not normal screensavers

That is what i am refering to in the prior post. i have tried several times downloading screenlauncher1.0 from different sites. i save it to the desktop then drag and drop into windows/system32. The next step is to go into the screensaver section and select screenlauncher then click settings where i specify the path of the program that i want to run. My issue is that when i go to the screen saver settings it is not an option in the drop down menu in order to type the path of the program it needs to run.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarin View Post
    That is what i am refering to in the prior post. i have tried several times downloading screenlauncher1.0 from different sites. i save it to the desktop then drag and drop into windows/system32. The next step is to go into the screensaver section and select screenlauncher then click settings where i specify the path of the program that i want to run. My issue is that when i go to the screen saver settings it is not an option in the drop down menu in order to type the path of the program it needs to run.
    Have you tried the below settings:

First go to Control Panel and after that to Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Change Screen Saver > Screen Saver > None. After that you have to go to Windows Media Center > Settings > Pictures > Slide Show Screen Saver > Set Screen Saver to time you want and check "Play my favorite pictures as screen saver". Set Windows Media Center to "Full Screen" (the boxes in the right upper corner)(won't work in "window").

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast