Thread: Can Cinema 4D do Autocad *.DWG

Can Cinema 4D do Autocad *.DWG

I am new to the animation world so please help me friends. I have been using the cinema 4D application since last week. I want to know whether Can Cinema 4D do Autocad *.DWG. Is this possible . If possible please tell me how can i achieve the same i am trying to achieve it but can't get it. Any help in this matter would be appreciated heavily.

Re: Can Cinema 4D do Autocad *.DWG

This is also one of the most discussed topic i think that this is achievable in your most common problem to achieve this was bringing it into the rhino and then exporting this again into the Cinema4D. Since i have been using mac and this option is not available to me so if you ever get a solution to this problem please post it so that even i can be benefited with the same.

As far as i know this is not possible with the Cinema4D application and hence i would suggest you to use a different application for this purpose. An application which will support the .DWG file format . So far this is not possible with Cinema4D But it is possible that this issue will be resolved in future.

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below in order to solve this problem

• Save the *.dwg drawing natively from the Autocad application with the help of the SaveAs command and save it as *.dwg as *.dxf.
    • Then Open google and type DWG2DXF in the search box and press enter you will get the shareware program to convert the same.
    • Now open the newly created *.dvf file in the Cinema4D application and you are done.

In this situation i would basically recommend you to get ACAD application it is bundled with a number of other applications. Here what you need to do is to dump the .DWG to ACAD/Rhino or Max for cleanup and further export. Now you will be allowed to import the DWG directly. I have used it and really works so i think that this will help you to solve your problems.