Thread: Mental Ray Flicker Free FG

Mental Ray Flicker Free FG

Hello, I want to know the details for the maya. Can it be possible to have the Flicker Free Final Gathering which is currently available in 3D Max 2010 can be available for the Maya 2010? If you have any details about it, then give that to me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Mental Ray Flicker Free FG

The same thing is SOFTIMAGE XSI is 3D modeling software Professional designed model. You can use it for the Mental Ray Flicker Free FG. The latest version of Softimage to date is the version 2011. This software has been used in the design of films Jurassic Park and the new trilogy Star Wars[2], And games Half-Life 2, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Resident Evil 4. The professional version of the software is very expensive but it is also possible to obtain a free trial run for a month.

Hello, I want to know the details about the Final Gathering. If you are having details about that, then give that to me. So, I will able to understand that. I have tried to find out the solution on that, but not able to do that. So, if you are having information for the Final Gathering, then provide that to me, so I will able to understand the concept behind that.

Final gathering is a technique for estimating global illumination for a given point by either sampling a number of directions in the hemisphere over that point, or by averaging a number of final gather points nearby since final gather points are too expensive to compute for every illuminated point. Final gathering is useful in scenes where the indirect illumination various slowly, such as purely diffuse scenes. For such scenes, final gathering eliminates photon map artifacts such as low frequency noise and dark corners. Fewer photons are needed in the globillum photon map and lower globillum accuracy is sufficient since each final gather averages over many values of indirect illumination.

Well if you are going to have animated items in your picture you are in problem. If you are using Camera for your picture and if you are moving your camera for moving around. It it is having the camera which render the FG for the frames which are seen by the camera then it will give you more clarity. And that will give you solution from the flickering. So, it simply tell you that you need to save your FG map to the file and then add that FG calculation as per the requirement. Max 2010 is having the drop down function for the same. You can also able to speculate a Workflow at the rendering for the animated material except FG and then you can opposite that and get the environment which will be rendered in the FG.

Well if you are going to have animated items in your picture you are in problem. If you are using Camera for your picture and if you are moving your camera for moving around. It it is having the camera which render the FG for the frames which are seen by the camera then it will give you more clarity. And that will give you solution from the flickering. So, it simply tell you that you need to save your FG map to the file and then add that FG calculation as per the requirement. Max 2010 is having the drop down function for the same. You can also able to speculate a Workflow at the rendering for the animated material except FG and then you can opposite that and get the environment which will be rendered in the FG.
    Nice trick. That means you will able to calculate the FG and render your all of the objects at the start. It will work in most of the cases, except the case where you have the most complicated one. So, you can use that as per the situation. Mostly if you are making objects for the indoor, then you can make use of that. It will really give you flicker free solution with your characters. And it would not depend on your any type of problem of the rendering.

Hello, I have come to know that the Max is using really hard and integrated fg-interpolation algorithm for creating the fgmaps. So, that will take care for the timeline for the frames and also that will start the interpolating them. It will simply reduce the amount of the flickering. In Maya you would not able to use this feature. I think you have to search for the standalone application which will give you help for the interpolation.