Thread: Help needed for nCloth in Maya!!

Help needed for nCloth in Maya!!

Hello, I am quite new in the world of Maya dynamics, and I'd like to get into the creation of an nCloth ... So, I try, I read, I do as I say, but my mesh does not divide when creating the nCloth. The nCloth node is created and everything, just the subdivision does not apply. Let me explain how I did.
    I created a level, non-subdivided, I go nCloth-> create nCloth. First, when I created my first nCloth, I did not "nucleus" in the dropdown menu solver, I have only "Create New Solver". I do not know if the problem comes from there. If I create another, I "nucleus" in this same menu. So here, if anyone knows or it may come, I can not wait to play with the options of this tool which looks very formidable. Thank you in advance.

Re: Help needed for nCloth in Maya!!

The first automatically creates Nucleus nCloth. The second asks whether you want to use the first system Nuclus or create another. So everything is normal. Then, you want your nCloth "divided" your flat. I am not able to understand that why do not divide your flat front with a smooth, and then you make your nCloth?? Hope that will help you in your work.!!

I do not know how to use nCloth .. I get to actually use it but the problem is that I have to press play to be able to see is an animation. How to not have the animation? I have just made a kind of photo not a 3d movie. I am not able to understand how to resolve that. Someone over there please explain me about this.!!

I think that you are going wrong somewhere. I have never faced such issue.. This is a simulation of the physics of your tissues, you're forced to have to get a result. For your "picture", you just have to render a single frame when you want, it's not more complicated than that. The animations are a succession of images that scroll for a picture, just not to take any of these images.

In fact the nCloth is a kind of dynamic in Maya, it will not work in anime, by running a simulation. But suppose that you want to put a tablecloth on a table, you put the water in a flat above the table, you're letting the cloth wall, throw the simulation, it falls on the table and goes well (if you retract the good weight parameters and collision). After you or the steppes your anim you estimate have the correct installation, and at that moment you can tell him that this position should be used as a starting position of your cloth. start from there you can transfer the nCloth and make the mods you want on your tablecloth. By cons makes for a moment that I no longer use the nCloth, then look into using Maya for more precise info. I remember that everything is well explained.

Maya nCloth is generated from modeled polygon meshes, a superior construction method for the workflow of standard clothing. The following are some features of Maya nCloth :
    • Transform polygon mesh models quickly (open or closed meshes) into a Maya nCloth object.
    • Handle attributes in clothing with practice-based interface, Maya Artisan brush.
    • Make objects as hard, sticky, or loose, and as closely or loosely woven as you want it is in its tissue.
    • Create simulations costume-in-wardrobe-like a cape over a jacket or a shirt over pants-with believable influences and collisions.
    • Bend, pull, cut, or even tear Maya nCloth fabrics.
    • Use separate topology constraints to fit a dress to the figure of a character affects the way Maya nCloth is set to a character to control how Maya nCloth moves during animation; or attach buttons, tear tissues, and different objects Maya nCloth.

The following are the Collisions of nCloth in Maya :
    • Configure and manipulate behavior costume realistic collisions quickly.
    • Completely automate collisions, such as passive object collisions, or configured to provide a high degree of control over the properties as findings, order, and layers.
    • Admitting self-collisions means highly realistic results without the errors of self-interpenetration and implosion that other systems often show tissue.
    • Interpenetration with the object of collision is strange, in these circumstances Maya nCloth quickly recovers and continues the simulation.