Thread: Blender for character animation

Blender for character animation

I have used blender for many times and now i want to use character animation in blender. I have seen that it has a NLA system but is it good and i want to ask that how would be lip synch. Does Blender has any kind of lip synch plug-ins.

Re: Blender for character animation

Blender allows for several lip sync programs, as it has a built in script. I found it bit hard to remove the frames but still I managed to do so. You have to remove each and every element which changes in the IPO curve editor. And you have to manually set up the repeating movements like moving textures as there is no built in sinewave curve for the IPO curves. Even there is no expression editor yet.

I have done lip sync in blender for many times. You have to use a nifty little shareware program called Magpie which helps you to do the same. Through the magic of Blender's Relative Vertex Key system and Magpie you can do the lip synch for your cartoon characters. I am not able to explain the whole procedure but you may try to search it out by using the Magpie and lip synch.

First of all you need to create a model for which you want to do a lip synch. Some of the basic phonemes of speech should be represented by the mesh of the model.
    I was having 11 keys and it was enough to create a decent animations with less. You may create some more keys which model an other facial movements and expressions. IKA skeleton would be helpful as well.

Though i do not have much ideas about an animations things but i guess you must be talking about the lips synchronization with the speech of your animated characters. I have found one simple tutorial by reading which you must be getting some ideas about lip synch in your Blender. Go to the download.blender.org to have more informations. You need to do some internal search for the lip synch at this web page.

Blender is good for animation character.

I think you should use a free "Autodesk FBX Converter" which you can download from HERE and it would be helping you to convert .FBX to Collada. Though i have never tried it but i guess it must be able to do so. But you must try it once so that at least you would be knowing about this converter.

Last thing which is most important in character animation is to sync up the audio with the video properly. I use to do this thing by using an Ulead Video Studio which has been came free with my video card. Though i like an interface for DDClip better than ULead but DDClip provides only limited number of outputs. And many times it can not even compress your output file. I guess it is best for you only but not for making a real professional animations. You can download it from the softlab-nsk.com.