Thread: Everything Crashes on Windows 7 / Windows Vista System

Everything Crashes on Windows 7 / Windows Vista System

I recently built a system and these are the components that I used:
    CASE: HEC PRIME-BX585
    MEM: WINTEC 3AXT6400C5-4096K
    CPU: Intel PENTIUM E5300 WOLFDALE
    MOBO: ECS G31T-M7 Rev 1.0

I am listing everything because I am hoping I missed something. BTW this is not my 1st system that I built, I've built almost 50.

Here is what happens: I installed windows 7 and installed the necessary programs needed (IE, FIREFOX, Flash, Avast, Steam, etc) I use ninite.com so that it will do everything one shot. I reboot and the system seems to be running fine but if I start a browser ANY browser it crashes after 5 minutes tops. I reinstalled Windows 7 and decided to install only necessary application without using ninite and the same result. I updated the BIOS changed the RAM type cleared the CMOS changed the HD. I tried to reinstall the OS and same result. So I assumed it was a compatibility issue with Windows 7 (WHICH IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY) so I installed Windows Vista..... SAME RESULT. I said maybe it is a bad mobo so I switched it out (Yes I practically switched every part out in this damn computer) to this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product and yet same problem. I have exhausted all avenues to resolve this but nothing seems to be working.....

Can it be the computer case itself or the power supply? Can either one cause this kind of problem?
    Last edited by ahmada; 09-05-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Listed Wrong Mobo Model

Re: Everything Crashes on Windows 7 / Windows Vista System

I think your computer need a clean boot which means that it uses the minimum drivers. And by doing this you can determine whether a background program is interfering or something else.
    1. Click on the Start and open Run.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter but make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to the General tab, click Selective Startup.
    4. Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
    5. Switch to the Services tab and choose for Hide All Microsoft Services check box and select Disable All.
    6. Click on the Restart and then try using your browsers.

pcs365_12 Guest

idea Re: Everything Crashes on Windows 7 / Windows Vista System

Go to internet explorer or any other browser and go to the manage addons section. Disable Adobe Flash and in security tab, Reset all zones to default level This should help resolve your problem. happy Computing ........ pal

I already tried that.. Didnt work

I've always used the same method when building a new computer or even formatting my computer. Why would this time be any different? Besides, the crashes occured even after I installed a fresh copy of the OS and flash hasnt been installed yet (Windows 7 / Vista both).

It might be a overheating problem or either the processor getting hot or maybe graphic related issue? Do you have a graphic card installed on your system? Can you tell us your system config? I would recommend you to try and open up the case from sideways and then run the pc and check whether you are getting same problem or not? Also get a temp software to check your computer temp. Try to put some thremal paste onto your processor incase if it is required.

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    It might be a overheating problem or either the processor getting hot or maybe graphic related issue? Do you have a graphic card installed on your system? Can you tell us your system config? I would recommend you to try and open up the case from sideways and then run the pc and check whether you are getting same problem or not? Also get a temp software to check your computer temp. Try to put some thremal paste onto your processor incase if it is required.
    I monitored the temp but it was normal.. I had a PCI-Express video card and I took that out and used the onboard video card... That didnt work either. I can run HL-2 without any issues... The main problems centers around internet browsing. Sounds crazy I know but its the truth

Have you tried uninstalling / disabling any antivirus or firewall software that you might have installed from your pc? If you have done that already then troubleshoot first with Internet Explorer 8 and see if we can get that working and then go to other browsers like Firefox. Also make sure all add-ins are disabled. Then if you are still having problems with IE8, then try a clean boot to see if we can determine if a program or software is causing a issue with your browser. KB 929135 - How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135