Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cinema 4d vs Maya

Windows Software

Old 09-05-2010

Cinema 4d vs Maya

Hi there, I am attempting to make a decision between Cinema 4d and Maya for our graphics design studio. I included limited understanding in Maya and be grateful for the lights and particles, however no experience in Cinema. suggestion through any person who workings on both will be appreciated.

Old 09-05-2010

Re: Cinema 4d vs Maya

Hi, expressive what type of work you wish for to do would help. Numerous of people will work through the application? This has been converse numerous times and the common consents were that you contain to try out both trails to observe what fits your best. As for illumination and constituent part, the lighting options in CINEMA stand up to some other application and Thinking Particles will allow for realy sophisticated particle effects.
Old 09-05-2010

Cinema 4D will output numerous passes to following Effects, Combustion, Apple Motion, eyeon Fusion, and FCP as inhabitant project files, so as to you had include to make up and render out physically in Maya or additional 3D applications. Cinema 4D is a little simpler to get up to pace on and grasp, other than Maya is the king out there, so Maya practice makes you very employable.
Old 09-05-2010

Similarly, tremble is a compositing manufacturing standard, that utilizes a node-based interface, as contrasting to a layer/timeline based interface. Node-based compositing has its compensation over AE's sheet compositing, however eventually you can do the equal work in moreover; it's presently a matter of how rapidly and simply you can get the job done. You can experiment in node-based compositing through dvGarage's Conduit Demo for Apple Motion 2.0, even though Shake is pretty cheap now, being under $500, or much less educationally.
Old 09-05-2010

I utilize Lightwave and AE, and the workflow is appealing good. Each 3D application has its own advantages. Cinema 4D's Normal Displacement and Cel darkness are fantastic and it has the simplest, truly good hair plugin. however Maya is Maya. Maya is Hollywood. Now keep in mind that anything you do in AE, Shake, Digital Fusion, anything is departing to be 2D.
Old 10-05-2010

Perhaps this thread be supposed to be moved to 3D application? Mods? Anyhow, reverse on topic, I have only seen a small Cinema4D and I'm pretty frightened. It truly boils down to the artist, any application will obtain you to where you require to being. Maya is very flexible, has a truly good interface, and of course there is Mental Ray which is a breathtaking renderer.
Old 11-05-2010

I think you supposed to go for Cinema - not because Maya is poorer or anything, however your requirements almost certainly deserve a additional all-purpose purpose program which is simpler to learn and manage for commercial work. What's many, you may decide the modules you require, and keep money. The new version has much superior nature animation functions.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,