Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010

Sending Mail thru Gmail.com a/c using smtp client in .NET

We had created a business software application by vb.net. We need to send email directly through the software program with the SMTP client on an gmail or yahoo id. I had not done this before but I am trying to do the same through ready to use codes. It is not working well and sometime I also get errors in between. I am in need of help through which I can just make this work faster and also easy. I had tried looking around for a ready to use script but can't locate anything helpful.
Old 09-05-2010

Re: Sending Mail thru Gmail.com a/c using smtp client in .NET

There are some settings below and I thin this would be enough for you to try:
  • Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
  • Use SSL: Yes
  • Port: 995 Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
  • Use Authentication: Yes
  • Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
  • Port for SSL: 465 Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com) Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com) Password: your Gmail password.
Old 09-05-2010

You can use these settings for creating SMTP/POP3 email client.
  • Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop3.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
  • Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
  • Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
Old 09-05-2010

Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer which is loaded with Windows 7 operating system. I have downloaded a thunderbird email client software application. I want to configure this email application with rediffmail. I want smtp setting to configure this email application. I have tried but I was unable to configure this application, so can anyone please help me?
Old 09-05-2010

• Incoming Server (POP3) : pop.rediffmail.com
  • Outgoing Server (SMTP) : smtp.rediffmail.com
  • Account Name Field (e.g anilkpillai100@rediffmail.com )
  • Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is NOT selected.
  • And then choose the option under that shows "My server requires authentication" and after that click the "Settings" button on the right.
  • Then choose the option "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" and after that click OK, click OK again and then click on the Close button.
Old 10-05-2010

HI friends, I want to use a Microsoft Outlook email application. I had established a small office in which I have to use this application because I have to send numbers of email to different persons. I have tried to many things to configure but I cannot able to configure this application. I want to configure this email client with Hotmail, please provide help to configure this.
Old 11-05-2010

If you are having a Microsoft Outlook & the Outlook Connector then you can able to classify your Hotmail account as like any of the common POP3 email account:
Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com
logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA
mail server port: 995)
Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com
SSL: enabled
Port: 25

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,