Thread: Download Norton Antivirus 2009 Gaming Edition

Download Norton Antivirus 2009 Gaming Edition

There is not an easy task for the systems to update the virus definition while playing the computer games. Usually, it will end up with slow system performance. Therefore, the world’s well known antivirus company, Norton will release Norton Antivirus 2009 Gaming Edition. This edition is designed specifically for gaming and estimated to use 80% less memory as compared with other antivirus software.

The Gaming Edition of Norton AntiVirus 2009 allows users to set “Gamers Mode” which will suspend all the update download and anti virus alerts, thus not interrupting user gaming experience and the system is still protected from attack. The protection includes viruses, spyware, worms, trojans, bots and web sites that may have virus.

Norton AntiVirus 2009 - Key technologies
    Antivirus
    Antispyware
    Botnet protection
    Browser protection
    Internet worm protection
    Intrusion prevention
    Norton™ Protection System
    OS and application protection
    Pulse Updates
    Recovery tool
    Rootkit protection
    Norton™ Insight
    SONAR™ behavioral protection

New about Norton AntiVirus 2009
    Norton™ Insight—Delivers innovative intelligence-driven technology for faster, fewer, shorter scans.
    Rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes—Provides up-to-the-minute protection.
    Browser Protection blocks browser exploits and protects against infected Web sites.
    Silent Mode ensures your games and movies are never interrupted by security updates.
    Real-time SONAR (Symantec™ Online Network for Advanced Response) technology detects emerging viruses without the need for traditional updates or signature-based definitions.
    Smart Idle Time Schedule technology runs quietly in the background to let you work and play without disruption.
    Review the security status of every process on your PC to see which are safe and which are at risk.
    Norton™ Recovery Tool boots and repairs PCs badly infected by malware, even when the virus has left the computer unbootable.
    Tech support without charge from Symantec delivers help however you need it—by phone, email, live chat, or our extensive online knowledge base.

More from Norton Site.

A less intrusive gamer edition of Norton Antivirus

Symantec Norton Antivirus today launched Gaming Edition, a special edition designed specifically for players. It presents a number of characteristics as a mode of operation and a less intrusive use of system resources reduced.

The Gamer Mode detects and applications running in full screen and suspended automatically alerts and any updates, virus detection and intrusion and any other activity. This mode can also be activated with a simple click on the icon located in the notification bar of Windows . In other words, it is now possible to completely disable the antivirus.

Emphasis was also placed on the use of system resources, critical point that Symantec was well advanced with the Standard Edition, as our comparative antivirus. The application does not require the publisher after that 50 MB on the hard disk once installed, only works with 2 processes and occupy only 6 MB of RAM.

Another feature not least, the interface has been redesigned.

Marketed $ 40 (about 30 euros) on the online store of the publisher, Norton Antivirus Gaming Edition is already available in the United States. But what is there to Norton Antivirus 2009, if not use memory and the absence of some of the features mentioned above? The players would they only worry about system resources and do not want to be disturbed before a movie (full screen)?

thank you

why cant i download?

Re: Download Norton Antivirus 2009 Gaming Edition

Quote Originally Posted by harding87 View Post
    thank you

why cant i download?
    Go to the Norton Site from where you can pay and download this antivirus.

Has anyone, NOT CONECTED WITH SYMANTEC, used Norton Antivirus 2009/2010 Gaming Edition? Does it have a Firewall? Can I upgrade/downgrade my Norton 360 to it or do I have to buy their Gaming Edition? Any inputs about it? I am looking for unbiased inputs by other gamers MMO’s/FPS’s/Strategy.

I currently have Norton 360, but ended up turning OFF all automatic updates and just about everything else. Before I go into my MMO, I usually go into my Task Manage and suspend everything dealing with Symantec and Norton. I have died to many times in a Raid when Norton decided that I need my system scanned or updated or both. I normally scheduled this crap for 2 AM. But, if your computer is off at 2 AM, the program waits until you in a new content boss fight, then takes over about 99% of your processor to do its thing. Frame rate drops to 2 fps, and latencey goes to an hour. Well, not an hour but something over several seconds. Symantec thinks that we are children and need to be told when to do things, whether we want to do them at that time or not. I am looking for something that is Gamer Friendly. I am mainly into MMO's and some FPS's.

WoW FTW
    Last edited by nm505man; 24-12-2009 at 04:39 AM.

i need free antivirus software for my PC any one send the link for that.

You can get the free antivirus tool by clicking on the link. AVG Antivirus Professional 9.0 is actually a good antivirus application that would help you out in maintaining the system virus free.

Hello there, as mentioned in the above post, AVG is a recommended antivirus by the experts for the deletion of infections like virus, worms and trojans too. So, I suggest you to download the same and keep the system safe from the infections.

Well, NORTON wanted me to buy everything several times over. Norton 360 does not come with Norton Gaming, you have to buy it seperately. Norton is a memory Hog. It does what it wants to, when it wants to, and it doesn't care what you are doing.

So, I deleted ALL of my Norton files and bought Kaspersky. I am VERY happy with it. Doesn't use much memory and when I am out gaming, it sits quietly in the background. Kaspersky has never bogged down my system because IT WANT's to UPDATE when I need the Bandwidth and it takes 99.999999999% of it for 10 minutes or so, to update (like Norton).

Ex Norton user and VERY HAPPY.

Aco Guest

Download Norton Antivirus 2009 Gaming Edition directly from Trust Download software becouse I just get a virus from other location.