Thread: Backtrack apps on Ubuntu

Backtrack apps on Ubuntu

Hello,
    I'm under ubuntu, and I have sought to backtrack applications without having to boot from the CD or DVD, I have to download. tar.gz, but I just can not install any of the backtrack tools. So, if you guys can help me with this then it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: Backtrack apps on Ubuntu

Hello,
    I think this can work, in the terminal stages "aircrack-ng XXX" (XXX being your captured file.) There are files aver "airodump-ng [wireless interface]-c [channel]-w [name of file *. cap] - bssid [mac address of YOUR access point]. Areplay-ng will increase the traffic. I told you everything was in command lines. But reassure yourself, command lines are much more powerful than graphical interfaces. Faster (for light) too.

Hello,
    Basically, you open a terminal and you type
    Code:
    "sudo aptitude install aircrack-ng"
    it will install the entire suite aircrack-ng (airodump-ng, airmon-ng, aireplay-ng, aircrack-ng-ng airdecap ). Needless to say that all these applications are fully in command lines. I hope this will help you and you will install the tools correctly.

Hello,
    I installed aircrack-ng , I went in synaptic, aircrack> Property and from there I selected the package. It was just easy to make installation from there, but can not open the program, I can not find it there are not in "launch application" or in "application". Also, if you know any more tools that can help secure the computer data the please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Hello,
    It will be difficult to have ALL the tools of Backtrack in Ubuntu, but did you really need all? In my opinion, go on a case by case, those you've installed and you need to complete as and Generally, Google " <tool> + Ubuntu "just to find how to install a particular tool, but sometimes a little subtle, and chances are that you have to recompile it yourself. And to have them in a menu, you must write the file ".desktop" which is fine, or recover those BackTrack and copy them to the same place in Ubuntu (" / usr / share / apps "I think, but I'm not sure)

Hello,
    BackTrack organizing his tools in 11 categories:

- Information Gathering
    - Mapping Network
    - Identifying vulnerabilities
    - Analysis of Web Applications
    - Analysis of radio network (802.11, Bluetooth, RFID)
    - Penetration (Exploit Toolkit & social engineering)
    - Elevated Privileges
    - Maintaining access
    - Digital Forensics
    - Reverse Engineering
    - Voice Over IP

Hello,
    Operating systems, the classic boot a x86-PC use (ie by MBR, BIOS-supported start) exception only by an internal HD or from a well internal optical drive. For a boot from USB or FW it takes full EFI adjustment ( that is, above all, a working "boot.efi" Loader). The State of Things in GNU / Linux: The appropriate "elilo" Package exists, is a non-functional alpha considered. You could you though a boot CD with ISOLINUX, or grub, and desired kernels and ramdisk images to create all , it works out. (If you have nothing better to do now.) The stop then you must also always have available.