Thread: How do i print screen in Windows 7 on Mac running bootcamp?

How do i print screen in Windows 7 on Mac running bootcamp?

Hi all,

I am running with the installation of windows 7 . I want to do some print screen but I am not sure how to do it. I need to take a print screen from windows 7 on Mac running bootcamp? Would you suggest me, how to do it .???

Thanks ..

Obviously, it's very simple procedure. you can capture the screen shot with the help of predefined key on the keyboard that would always be helpful for you to take the screen shot . The another method of taking the screen shot, through F14,F14 (it's exactly the similar to the "Print Screen" key on PC keyboards).

If you have any confusion then please let us know, what you have ..

You also can work with a third party application software, or an on screen keyboard, or the "Snipping Utility" in Windows Vista, of course. But I just got something there's a registry hack for remapping keys on Windows XP and Vista. With that, I remapped my right Apple key to Print Screen.

It was pretty simple, and truly awesome because my USB keyboard contains an option/alt key right next to the right Apple key, and capturing the screen-shots in Windows Vista is now simpler on my MacBook than on my computer.

Yesterday, I need to take a print screen in Mac OS X but there is not print screen button in Mac keyboard :p it is the primary attempt, I use Mac computer. So I can make query, one of my friend guide me about how to perform screen capture in Mac OS X. There are some methods to capture screen shot in Mac OS X. You need to follow the steps below and you will be able to take a screen shot in Mac OS X.

• Switch to the screen that you wan to to do screen capture
    • Hold down Apple key ⌘ + Shift + 3 and release all
    • then use your mouse to click on the screen
    • Done. You will see a picture file in at your desktop. That’s the screen capture picture.

Actually Vista contains a screen capture utility which can capture windows, rectangles, the whole screen, even a lasso. (Admittedly some example of Microsoft stealing markets from third-party developers.) But sometimes I do require the regular print screen key. (To capture the start menu, or in full screen games, for example.) Input Remapper looks very interesting utility; does it work in games? I personally like the registry change best. It is more complex but it is part of the normal Windows keyboard driver so there are no another processes working with it and no additional layers between my keyboard and my games, and no compatibility problems.

Using PrintScreen in Boot Camp: MacBook Pro

I just spent about 20 minutes trying to find out actaully how to capture screen shots in Windows XP on my MacBook Pro (with the Boot Camp). I think, I would write up the easiest answer of how to perform it, in the sense that you do not have to install anything or remap your keyboard. Here is the steps that you have to perform :

Within Start menu, choose All Programs and then Accessories, then Accessibility, and then On-Screen Keyboard. When you complete to do it then the Windows XP on-screen keyboard will be shown on your screen. This on-screen tool contains the PrintScreen button (labeled psc in the same position as where the F13 key should be located. That’s it.

If you desired to capture a screen shot of only the active window (using the Alt+psc command), be sure that the on-screen keyboard is not in the area of the active window, otherwise it will be included in the screen shot.

Anyway, I googled around for far too long to got that small segment of information, so hopefully anybody in the same predicament will simply be able to got this post (and the answer)! Since the Apple external keyboards actually contains the F13 key (while the MacBook and MacBook Pro built-in keyboards do not), you can use Print Screen slightly simpler with the plugged-in keyboard.

Re: How do i print screen in Windows 7 on Mac running bootcamp?

shift+fn+f11 worked for me.

Hello Thread,

Thanks a lot!!It was very helpful and easy for me to get the screen Shot on Bootcamp.

And to add what AINSLYB contributed (which helped thank you!!), if you just want to capture the current window (window with focus), press alt + shift + fn + F11.

Hope this helps.

smile Re: How do i print screen in Windows 7 on Mac running bootcamp?

For me, I use "Snipping Tool" in Start Menu -> Accessories

sad Re: How do i print screen in Windows 7 on Mac running bootcamp?

Hello everyone:

I have looked at the forum and have still been unsuccessful doing a print screen (MacBook, Windows XP, Bootcamp) utilizing the information you all have posted.

I've done the start; all programs; accessibility; on-screen keyboard.

On-screen keyboard comes up and I click on the psc button -- nothing happens.

Would appreciate some help on this!

Quote Originally Posted by lauriew View Post
    Hello everyone:

I have looked at the forum and have still been unsuccessful doing a print screen (MacBook, Windows XP, Bootcamp) utilizing the information you all have posted.

I've done the start; all programs; accessibility; on-screen keyboard.

On-screen keyboard comes up and I click on the psc button -- nothing happens.

Would appreciate some help on this!
    For doing a print screen while running Windows in Boot Camp you will have to press SHIFT + FN + F11 using a Mac keyboard, have you tried out the same, if yes then what response you have got??

smile Re: How do i print screen in Windows 7 on Mac running bootcamp?

That worked. Thanks!