Thread: How to apply your Style Xp Themes

How to apply your Style Xp Themes

I have some questions regarding the themes in windows,I am working in windows XP and need to apply all the Xp themes for my windows system. Do you know any way to do it. Actually, I wanted to know about "Instructions on how to install StylesXP themes "...

Here is how not only you but it's for everyone how need to do the same. you all should apply your favorite XP-Theme. Now, take a look on the following described guidelines below -

Instructions on how to install StylesXP themes:
    1. Install StylesXP if you haven't already performed so
    2. If there is a readme file in the zip, figure out that first. If it has some instructions that differ from it then follow those instead.
    3. Unzip entire files to c:\windows\resources\themes\ unless otherwise stated in the readme file.
    4. Right click on your desktop, choose properties.
    5. click the appearance tab
    6. Choose the the Style from the drop down menu entitled with the "windows and buttons"
    7. Click on OK (or apply)

That's it ...

Hi,

I know you all are glad to know such procedure and obviously it is a good suggestion for you all but don't assume that you know how to apply stylexp theme but actually not the backgrounds in windows explorer?

I am just discussing about those that for instance if I moved into the c:\, I got a blue screen message that these files are hidden etc etc' and it happened when I tried apply a theme, that blue background goes and replaces it with the white screen . It is same as control panel, commonly XP theme contains a blue background on the left hand side that's white when I use a skin at current time, If I press 'view files' in that c:\ notice, how would I be able to get that screen back once I have played about with the files in c:\ .....

As discussed within the above post that Style XP extracts entire theme files into c:\Windows\Resources\Themes\. Once that is completed, you no longer require Style XP - you got all the important theme-files. To apply another theme just perform the following:

• Start the Group Policy Editor (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gpedit.msc)
    • Expand "User Configuration"
    • Expand "Control Panel"
    • Then "Display"
    • Click "Desktop Themes"
    • Right-click "Load a specific visual style file or force Windows Classic"
    • Select "Properties"
    • From "Settings" click "Enabled"
    • Enter path to visual style (e.g. %windir%\Resources\Themes\Coughdrop\CoughDrop.msstyles)
    • Reboot
    • You will now have the CoughDrop theme in your "Display Properties"

Hey guys,

I considered all the guidelines that is suggested by experts and also I have done to make my desktop attractive and more attractive but I got some problem after applying this. StyleXP was fine for a few days, then it screwed my machine up. All of a sudden entire users were working with the original "Classic Windows" theme... and you could not turned back to the StyleXP themes. Also, Removing StyleXP did not clean it's theme files. Neither performed a System Restoration process. Any idea ???

Probably, It is your own fault mate I have been using stylexp since it was opened, and never had any single mistakes and difficulties with this! It is however simple to mess things up when trying to load latest "kewl" themes, and you are not following the suggestion in the txt file.

If you do not need to use StyleXP, you can edit the themeux.dll file yourself to use the stylexp themes out there. It is no big deal doing it!

I am unable to get that how it could be my fault. I performed the installation of it perfectly on my desktop computer and my laptop. When I logged off of my desktop and different user has logged back in, they were using the Windows Classic all of a sudden then when I logged back in, so was I. The StyleXP themes were not even available anymore on the appearance tab.. only on the themes tab, but if you choose one from there, it would lock the computer up. BY the way thanks for any suggestion to you all...