Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2010

Installing aircrack-ng on ubuntu

Hello,
I just installed the latest version of ubuntu 8.10 because I was afraid of not having enough knowledge to manage Linux backtrack3. I have my little backtrack 3 usb but I really have the tools airmon, airodump and aircrack on my Ubuntu. Not being a Linux expert I am asking your help to do a clean installation of these tools. And I know there are several versions of aircrack ptw which thus has as much to install the latest version on bt3 final. Oh yes, and also implement the patch for drivers rtl 8187 as tell me if I'm wrong but as they are patched to backtrack a better efficiency?
Old 07-05-2010

Re: Installing aircrack-ng on ubuntu

Hello,
If you are on ubuntu then you can easily do this
Code:
 "apt-get install aircrack-ng"
Just run the above command in the terminal as a root user and see in your etc directory that the application or software is been installed. After that you have to just run it from the terminal or else if you need to launch it in a graphical manner then you can use the launcher for it.
Old 07-05-2010

Hello,
You can install the suite aircrackas stated in the above post, but if you want the latest version, you can also download the sources from the aircrack
Code:
aircrack-ng.org
And compile them (like all Linux distributions). Personally, I did not patch the drivers for my Alfa 500 and it worked nickel. Though you can use the patch if you need it. If you need more information on this then you can post back.
Old 07-05-2010

Hello,
I want to share my experience with ubuntu 8.10 because the air there is no clear obvious. To install the suite aircrack on ubuntu it is not complicated. We must go into the synaptic package manager and look for the package, aircrack-ng 'then ask the install. I also installed the package macchanger, it can be used .. Kismet is also ... wireshark is already installed. Any help is welcomed.
Old 07-05-2010

Hello,
Just open a terminal window
Code:
cd / home / [name opening session] / Office
then recovers rtl8187 drivers and they are decompressed:
Code:
wget unzip http:address//rtl8187_linux_26.1010.zip rtl8187_linux_26.1010.zip rtl8187_linux_26.1010.0622.2006 cd /
Then, the patch for the 2.6.27 kernel and apply:
Code:
wget tar xzf http:address/rtl8187_2.6.27.patch drv.tar.gz tar xzf stack.tar.gz patch-i-Np1 rtl8187_2.6.27.patch
Unfortunately, this patch has a bug, so we need to correct a line in the file r8187.h:
Code:
nano ./beta-8187/r8187.h
Find the following line in the file:
Code:
# include <asm/semaphore.h>
and replace it with:
Code:
# include <linux/semaphore.h>
Save file (CTRL X then o), then log root, enter the password and get back into the correct directory:
Code:
su - root cd / home / [name opening session] /
That is it
Old 10-05-2010

Hello,
If you need to install it. We compile the new driver is properly patched (still as root)
make make install
whew, more remains to reboot, connect the USB key and beautiful miracle, everything must work nickel chromium. Normally, as root, airmon-ng should provide that:
Code:
# Airmon-ng wlan0 Interface Chipset Driver RTL8187 r8187 #
Because everything is ok. You can test by injection:
Code:
aireplay-ng - test wlan0
Old 11-05-2010
If you are under Ubuntu 9.04 then sudo apt-get install aircrack-ng you have the rc3 is very recent,

Hello,
If you are under Ubuntu 9.04
then
Code:
sudo apt-get install aircrack-ng
you have the rc3 is very recent, driver rtl is already functional for injection, as well as others, with this kernel
Old 11-05-2010

Hello,
If you are under Ubuntu 9.04
then
Code:
sudo apt-get install aircrack-ng
you have the rc3 is very recent, driver rtl is already functional for injection, as well as others, with this kernel

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,