Thread: Offline google maps

Offline google maps

Hello,
    If someone knows a tool that can be downloaded from Google Maps with which cards to them offline later eg in a GPS tool (such as GPS Tuner) use to? I would like to use Google maps offline. If you have a tool or a software which can do the same the please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Offline google maps

Hello,
    It may be that I'm wrong, but I can not imagine this works. There are a lot of data then you'd have to download. It is not only a JPG or GIF image. And if that does, then only for a very very small radius. I suspect that this is a very large cache As with the data. So if I my notebook in Google Earth am my UMTS card with PCI-Express over, then I get to made within a few minutes, my traffic limit .

Hello,
    I know that google earth at the possibility, via File / Save / Save the image to the image of google Earth to save un Calibrator for GPS tuner used to make map with google earth And you can also see the street names so let in. I guess this information is useful to you. The advantage is that it directly into the GPS grid adaptation is done automatically, and the points do not even need Calibrate. By the way, this is noted that such use in google prohibits the use, but like so many other previously tolerated.

Hello,
    MASPware, GPSmeter - It uses online maps such as google maps and cashed them so that they can be used offline. The cards are stored in the installation directory of the program. So memory is also possible. If you zooms roughly at the spot where you want to go, and then click on the globe into the tool bar, since you can select the map source, I'm in some areas also very good experiences made with Expedia.

Hello,
    So take your cache but the whole map. Hab in five minutes wrote a small little program that makes nothing else, that is x times to the right pushes and then down a bit, then umpteen times to the left ... therefore almost an auto-download the map. Then it lands in the cache and offline is useable. Now, the idea is somewhat simple and easy, one long night in different zoom levels simply make work program, and I'm quite ecuador in any zoom level the device. The unfortunate is that the cache can not be outsourced to the memory card. And that's quite a shame, because this is the stream from my project, because at the normal times fast memory is full, unfortunately.

Hello,
    GPS tracks have some testing and I am pleasantly surprised, both the topography and the street view like it very much. The problem is that GPS tracks apparently not resorting to the stored cards. When I downloaded within a map area have places for example, he seeks not only, but gives the same message that I have no phone or Internet.

Hello,
    I do not think there offline version of Google Maps. By cons Google Earth can open exported maps from Google Maps. To do this: open the appropriate map in GoogleMaps, to "Edit", then use the top right link that appears on "View in Google Earth." This allows to save a file. "kml" which opens with Google Earth.