Thread: windows 2003 office asking for sku012.cab file

windows 2003 office asking for sku012.cab file

New to the forum. My Windows Installer started to try to reload my excel program when I clicked on my short cut. Now my Outlook is doing the same thing. I am shut down from all my email addresses, etc at this point.

It is saying that the file SKU012.CAB is missing. I have the cd but can not find the file on it. I have Windows Office Standard Edition 2003 installed on my computer. I have googled to find solutions to this problem...but most others having this problem is with a new install. I have had this software on my computer for over 4 years.

As you can imagine, I do not want to lose my addresses, old emails, etc....

Any help would be appreciated.

scott
    Last edited by plantguy; 04-05-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: update

Re: windows 2003 office asking for sku012.cab file

Hello, you can simply perform the solution of the reinstallation. But, while reinstallation you don't have to total new installation. When you start to run the setup it will ask you whether to uninstall the Existing installation or you want to repair the setup. Then you need to select the option of the Repair and then by making use of that you will able to get solved for your problem. So, just do that.

I must not have done something right. I put the cd in....double clicked the setup.exe then the repair/install .....went through the setup and then again it was asking for the SKU012.CAB file?????? I would just uninstall it but I really would like all my contacts and old emails on file....any suggestions???

thanks

scott

Well, I guess the Windows Office Standard Edition 2003 CD that you have is corrupted so you will have to buy it again. As you have already stated that reinstalling doesnt work so it is def. a case of the cd getting corrupted. Try first to follow all the steps from here and and check whether you are able to successfully reinstall the office version instead of getting "Installation Error: File not Found" error message.

Downloaded the tool......tried to start it up and another error..

Ox800706ba Found it with google but still not sure what I should do from here.

My disc is from my company. It was down loaded onto my laptop 3 or so years ago. Why is it doing this now?? Why is my copy of the cd not working.

Anyway to keep my outlook data and then deleting office and then re installing it?

I can always box it up and send it back to my IT guy....but really like to get it fixed and move on. I send it in I will be out a laptop for a week.

Thanks for your help!

Scott
    Last edited by plantguy; 05-05-2010 at 07:24 AM.

I would recommend you to get the proper clean install of the operating system. This may then help to sort the issue well. All you need to do is to perform the action and then check pout by reinstalling the desired application. The issue could be with some system files of the operating system.

windows 2003 office asking for sku012.cab file

I am thinking that the computer manufacturer used one Office version to image your hard drive, and included another Office version CD with your machine. If you have the CD and product key for Office 2003 Basic, then you can uninstall the version of Office that is just now installed on your hard drive, and install Office from your disk that you have carried . That should resolve the missing .cab file issue when you visit the OfficeUpdate website. For getting any more information , you can post your problems here !!!!!!!
    Thanks ...

I went back to a restore point before the day it started having problems. Everything is working fine. I am thinking it must have been an update that was downloaded that caused the problem. To say the least I am relieved.

thanks for your suggestions.