Thread: Itunes problem on Ubuntu

Itunes problem on Ubuntu

Hello,
    So here I explain my problem:
    I am on Windows XP, and I'd like to go under Ubuntu, waiting to buy a nice Mac. No problem so far except that I have an iPod touch, so required synchronization via iTunes. And to round off the lot I bought the same music on iTunes.

So my questions are:
    1) Is it possible to install iTunes on Ubuntu, and this so it is fully operational (synchronization iPod, buying and playing music with DRM, etc. ...)?
    2) How do I transfer my music is on my Windows on Ubuntu (I have a second partition to NTFS but Backup)?

Any help regarding this topic will interest me. Thank you for your help.

Re: Itunes problem on Ubuntu

Hello,
    iTunes does not run on Linux, it seems that Wine does not support it either. There are apps that run iPod under GNU / Linux, but perhaps not Touch that is relatively new to see. For music by cons ... It's dead, and it would be illegal as well. You can run Windows in VirtualBox at worst cons. I guess I am correct here because I have not tried to install itunes on ubuntu.

Hello,
    VLC is typically a software to circumvent restrictions that prohibit such reading something other than windows media player or redeveloping tools or redeveloped uses libraries to read formats unopened. VLC is still here legally and those who could stop them are necessarily familiar is developed by the Central School at the base, and I think it is still hosted with them (plus mirrors of course). You can install this software and play with it.

Installing itunes on linux

Hello,
    So Good on iTunes under Linux is very complicated that I could read. So good I'm going to keep my Windows installation on a partition, and I have only switched between the two. Then on the mini-debate about DRM in iTunes, I do not think that in France it is authorized to "unlock" the songs. For example I used at one time a small program whose name escapes me and enabled me to unlock wma file. So, I am not sure of this.

Hello,
    Besides, I never understood the logic of this manip. On one hand you are selling a piece protected, on the other hand you are leading a program to strip DRM (illegal action), but the bouquet is that it is the same company that provides two functions. I think it is always better to go with the open source community and use Linux operating system.

Hello,
    By cons, there is a perfectly legal process, detailed by Apple (for placing music purchased the store on a drive that do not manage the protected AAC), which is to burn a CDAudio from its music and then re-import it CDAudio mp3 or other format. I never said otherwise, just apply it to see after the law as to when you smoke a petard you have the right to the prison, joined a ton AC bill ghosts.

Hello,
    Excuse me but I do not understand this principle can not do what you want from your music. Whatever you buy you a toy but you can use it only in one place and nowhere else. I found the music you bought it and I know what I'll do me (I should say that I am completely against illegal downloading)