Thread: How to open .CDA files from hard drive

How to open .CDA files from hard drive

I need someone to help me on how to open .CDA files from hard drive. I have copied the files from the disc onto the hard drive of my system. I have tried opening them with the help of "Windows Media Player" as well as "Winamp" and "VLC Media Player" too. But, they have proved to be of no help to me. I am not able to understand what wrong I am doing. Is there some other software or application for opening the .CDA files? I am using Windows Vista operating system. If anyone has any information on this topic, then please provide some help.

Re: How to open .CDA files from hard drive

The problem why you are not able to open .CDA files from hard drive is very clear. The issue is that these files can be played only from the discs itself. As you have copied them onto your hard drive you will not be able to play them. According to me, there are no softwares available that will help you to do the same. The only solution is to convert them to playable formats.

Hello there, the .CDA files do not actually contain the main audio files. They are simply representations of the files that are present on the discs. You will have to convert the .CDA files into any of the formats that are given below to open them from the hard drive:
    • MP3
    • WMA
    • WAV
    • OGG
    • FLAC
    • AAC
    • MP4
    • MPC
    • APE

The solution that is mentioned in the above post is the best one for opening the .CDA files from hard drive. I recommend you to use "total video converter" for this purpose. This is because if you try to get some other converter, it may not be supporting the required files, that can be or has to be converted. So, the "total video converter" is the best solution for this situation.
    All the best....!!!!

On searching the internet, I found a software that helps to open .CDA files from hard drive. It is called the dBpowerAMP Audio Player. Make sure to get the latest version for the same, so that all the latest features are supported by it. Also, it will be compatible with Windows Vista, since as you know that some of the softwares are having problems while running some applications and programs.

I feel that Raine has provided a very great information that dBpowerAMP Audio Player can play or open .CDA files from hard drive. I was not aware of the same. I thought that they had to be converted first, as everyone has mentioned in their posts. Well, this is a vital software and I hope that it proves to be of help to many people. Anyways, thanks for the information.

Actually, dBpowerAMP Audio Player is a very famous software or application that is used for this purpose to open .CDA files from hard drive. According to me, this software is one of a kind as there is no other such software that can play such .CDA files directly.