Thread: 64-bit registry cleaner for vista

64-bit registry cleaner for vista

I havent formatted my system from long time. It has become slow gradually. But now I dont intend to format it now as it is not feasible for me. So I think cleaning the registry would make it faster and I can use it for some months. So what is the good registry cleaner for Vista 64 bit?
    Skinner: More tea, Edna?
    Krabappel: What kind of little boy has a tea set?
    Skinner: [pours tea] I think we both know the answer to that ... a lucky boy.
    -Simpsons, 4F09

Re: 64-bit registry cleaner for vista

If you need a registry cleaner, try CCleaner, it has a registry cleaner built in: http://ccleaner.com

Your registry is where your windows keeps all your program data that tells it what stuff is, and whether they are authentic and registered, whether programs are installed or not, what the IP address's are for your games main servers so you can use multiplayer on your games, etc. When your computer gets older this utility gets VERY dirty, and because windows has to look through it and load it constantly, it slows down your computer when it gets messy. It can also be the source of crashes, application instability, authentication problems and server connectivity in online games. The problem with registry cleaners for Vista is that Vista flags anything that is mandatory for programs to run as critical and therefore you can't touch it (which is like, everything in the registry. Even if the app has been deleted) So, for a lot of cleaners, to get around this, it will delete anything regardless of whether vista is calling it critical which often times leads to it deleting files off the OS and you cant get it back without reinstalling Vista. That's usually why it's hard to get good cleaners for Vista. As opposed to XP which doesn't care when you mess around with programs, but will warn you if you touch the OS stuff.

There are many registry cleaners in the market which claim x64 compatible, however, almost all of them are NOT compatible with x64 at all. They just run on x64, but not aware of x64. Such registry cleaner even doesn't know it is running on the x64 version of Windows and it just treats it as 32 bit Windows, so it can only find a small part of the registry problems (only from the 32 bit part of the registry view). Further more, as they cannot even view the whole registry, using such registry cleaners on x64 systems often corrupt your registry and cause more problems than they can fix.

CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner x64 edition is designed for 64 bit Windows and it is fully compatible with x64. It features:
    • Scan and fix 64 bit view of system registry
    • Scan and fix 32 bit view of system registry
    • Full backup/restore of the whole registry (including 64 bit view and 32 bit view)
    • Automatic Registry Scanning and Cleanup
    • Registry Defrag and Registry Compact
    • Tracks Eraser feature for privacy protection
    • Startup Organizer
    • IE BHO Organizer
    • Improve system performance
    • Remove Trojan which utilize startup items and IE BHO

You can try Digeus registry cleaner (http://www.digeus.com). I have already tried it on Vista.
    Hope it will help you.

I use the free Wise Registry Cleaner without any problems on the 64 bit Ultimate Vista. You might give it a try and see how you like it.

I used CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner and it works great on Vista RC2 x86. I also tried other reg cleaners and other reg cleaners seem cannot fix problems in Vista, and CleanMyPC is the only one that really works. Thanks for all the responses.
    Skinner: More tea, Edna?
    Krabappel: What kind of little boy has a tea set?
    Skinner: [pours tea] I think we both know the answer to that ... a lucky boy.
    -Simpsons, 4F09

Dr. V Guest

This is really one of the best and most trustworthy registry cleaners.
    I had RegCure, I had Registrry Mechanic, but I use this one for cleaning my registry.

http://registry-cleaner.comodo.com/

jamdanie04 Guest

Hi,

The registry cleaner is a type of software utility designed for the MS Windows operating system whose purpose is to remove redundant or unwanted items from the Windows registry.There are many registry cleaners in the market which claim Vista compatible, however, almost all of them are NOT compatible
    with Vista and NOT Vista aware at all.

plus2plus Guest

I have started using this program recently. No problems 'so far'.
    Last edited by Saket; 30-04-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Warning: External link not allowed

I have rec mended to use pc booster 64 bit to your pc.Its have lot of feature like file shrreder,tracks eraser,manage startup etc.try it and give me reply how you feel to use this software for your pc.