Thread: Womble EasyDVD - too long encoding?

Womble EasyDVD - too long encoding?

Hi all,

I have tried yesterday Womble EasyDVD and I will say, So nice, simple and intuitive program . On the end of my first project when I looked back then I found that Encoding will consume over three hours then I moved onto my bed. I woke up in the middle of night and got that the project didn't move much forward. The progress bar was on 37% and the remaining time was 7 (!) hours. Before I went to bed again it moved to 45% and 5 hours.

At the morning however the project was back on 37% and 9 hours rest. It easily looks such as the Womble EasyDVD stops functioning for some causes if you are not working on your machine. I checked my power configuration, which I set for such cases to maximum performance (means that only monitor will switch off after 10 minutes). Any idea about this,what is the problem?

It may not be helpful for you but here it is. I also got same thing with my friend's PC which is consuming too long time in re-encoding process . There is one thing that I want to mention here is that I have done to help is use mpeg video wizard to convert the file to a DVD folder, then loading the vob files/s into easydvd and authoring it there. I got that it does it much quick this method, and the combined times are still much less than going directly from mp4 or avi direct to a dvd in easy DVD. I think, I could author in wizard, but I always like to work with the Easydvd

Hope it helps.

Hi everyone,

The question that I am going ask that it might sound snobbish. I have been using DVD Shrink to backing up some of my movies and it is going great, but it is consuming more than one hours from begin to complete. Is not this a little long? I have a LG GSA-4120B 12X Super Multi Internal DVD+/-R/RW Drive, Should I be configuring some other components or what? Should I be using another software?

Thanks....

This is the common thing that you need to be care about. One DVD contains only 4.7 GB and not more than that then in this situation how would you perform the backup operation ? From movies that are larger than 4.7 GB to a single dvd?

If so, then the resizing process (decreasing video bitrate and quality to make a big movie fit into a 4.7 GB DVD) consumes really more and more time to compete the processing ...can you tell me your system configuration in sort way like : specs of your computer (cpu, ram
    , etc)?

Last edited by chroma; 03-05-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Hi sir,

I am runnign with the following system configuration which is described as follows -

Code:
    Processor : P4 2.0Ghz
    RAM Memory : 768 Ram
    Disk space : 200GB HD
    I am kinda newbie for this stuff, so if I missed something, just let me know. In terms of burning, I am just backing up the movie (not the advance properties ) Does that causing any issue or what ?

The two hours you indicated are not two hours on burning on the dvd? most of is taken by the computer ripping and re-encoding to a lower bitrate?
    As I stated before, if the main movie size is more than the size of 4.7 GB, then a process of re-encoding should be made, and this process consumes more time.

I did not perform it yet, I backed up one little space movie (less than 4.7gb), just rip and burn and it was not that slow. I have an athlon 1333, how much will it requires to re-encode a movie !!! (a local magazine made a review with an athlon 900, stated that it could consume up to 12 hours of time.

Re: Womble EasyDVD - too long encoding?

Using DVD Shrink on my Shuttle Athlon XP 2800+ with 512 MB RAM, it consumes about 30 minutes. I performed the ripping of the disc and re-encoding it all within single step. It looks like the reading speed of the drive is the limiting step, not the re-encoding process. Recording consumes 15 to 18 minutes at 4x speed. The times listed for a 2 GHz Pentium 4 chip definitely seem slow.