Thread: Blu-Ray vs. DVD - "picture quality"

Blu-Ray vs. DVD - "picture quality"

It is really very difficult to find the real world comparison of how a Blu-Ray movie may look if it is compared to DVD material. DVD and Blu-ray factions wasted countless chances for making it right
    There may not be a lot we can do to fight back - separating from refusing to adopt any of the format out of pure spite of their stubbornness.
    For comparing the video you not only require player for both but also the same movie, I do have one of it but not the both, but need to know the comparison between Blu-Ray and DVD

Re: Blu-Ray vs. DVD - "picture quality"

I many ways, Blu-ray is fairly alike to DVD. The players have the same, the discs look the same, and the disc menus are similar.
    Blu-ray has three major improvements compared to DVD those are better image quality, better sound quality, and more special features. All this is made possible because of the larger storage capacity of Blu-ray that is capable of storing 50GB of data on a single Blu-ray Disc, compared with DVDs that can only hold about 8GB of data.

If I talk about the image quality Blu-Ray provides the superior resolution that is a big part of what makes Blu-ray look great. That means you will see a more comprehensive image. The technical difference is that Blu-ray's maximum resolution is 1,920x1,080, while DVD’s maximum resolution is limited to 720x480 . Not only that, Blu-ray uses better video-compression methods that result in more contrast and richer colors. It is the highest-quality video format accessible today, and in some ways it surpasses the picture quality of your local movie theater

When the home video format have changed from VHS to DVD, it was uneven change for the consumers whose is existing tape collection was slowly processed. Fortunately that is not the case with this transition since Blu-ray players are able to play back standard DVD’s. In fact, but the benefits from up conversion are still minimal.

Well for me the cost is the important thing and that is the drawback of the Blu-Ray player. The approximate price of the Blu-Ray players is around $200 and the cost of movies is around $25. The cost of the player is does not matter that much but building a new Blu-Ray library costing a more. I do not think that paying $25 for just watching one movie is not a good idea.

When Blu-Ray was first launched the load time of the Blu-Ray was unbearable, it was taking more then three minutes for loading movie. After that players became much faster but till now they have no comparison with the loading time of DVD. It is obvious that the DVD loads faster compared to Blu-ray. Simple movies in the Blu-Ray loads in 20 seconds but the movies with the complex menus take nearly about one minute. I will prefer to use DVD till Blu-Ray increases performance that can match with DVD.

Well here is the comparision of the DVD and Blu-Ray.
    Maximum native resolutions supported through HDMI for DVD is EDTV (480p) and for Blu-ray is HDTV (720p, 1080i, 1080p).
    Disc capacity of the DVD is 4.7GB for single layer and 8.5GB for dual layer and Blu-ray 25GB for single layer and 50GB dual layer
    If we talk about the game then DVD is compatible with 2, PlayStation 3, and Xbox, but the Blu-ray is compatible with only PlayStation 3
    Now it is up to you to decide which is better version.